Chapter Thirty-One

The news that Tayler had shared with Adaley raised her spirits immensely and she walked into the restaurant with a bounce in her step. They all filed into their seats, Harry sitting at one head of the table and Louis sat at the other. On Harry's left hand side sat Adaley with Ali sitting next to her. Zayn sat down next to Ali while Tayler, Emery, Michael, and Liam filed into the last four seats. On Harry's right sat Niall who had is beautiful girlfriend Emma next to him. Beside Emma sat Breana and Josh sat next to her. Ashton made sure to grab the seat next to Josh to continue their discussion from the locker room about drumming techniques that would greatly help Ashton while they were playing. Calum sat down next to Ashton and Luke sat at the end on the left side of Louis. Once everyone was seated and had placed their orders Ali stood up, clearing her throat slightly. Everyone turned to look at her but her eyes were focused on Harry who was giving her a comforting smile.

"As most of you know the doctor told Zayn and me nearly six months ago that I can't have children." Ali started and Zayn gently squeezed his girlfriend's hand, giving her a loving smile. "Well, this news killed me inside. My biggest dream has always been to have my own family with a man that I love. I found that man in Zayn but I, unfortunately, couldn't supply the family aspect. Recently I've been feeling unwell and it worried Zayn and me so we ended up going to the doctor." She said and took a deep breath, looking at the people who surrounded her. She thought about how lucky she was to have met each and every one of them and how they were not only her friends but they were part of her family. She looked at all their eager faces before she continued. "It's a miracle but I am in fact pregnant. I'm about a month and a half along." She said and the girls in the group all let out loud cheers, hugging Ali tightly but gently. The boys around the table were all shaking Zayn's hand and congratulating him.

"Do you have any names in mind?" Breana asked enthusiastically and Ali shook her head while Zayn nodded. Ali looked at him with a frown.

"What name did you have in mind?" Ali asked in confusion and Zayn smiled softly at her, kissing her cheek.

"I was thinking Ethan Peter Malik if it's a boy." Zayn said softly and Harry and Ali both gasped. Ali's eyes filled with tears as she hugged Zayn tightly and everyone looked on with confusion on their faces. Everyone except Harry that was. Harry knew how much that name meant to Ali and he was glad that Zayn had picked that name. Everyone decided to let the couple have their moment as they talked amongst themselves. Harry watched his friends talk with a small smile on his face. Josh and Ashton were deeply engrossed in their discussion about drum kits and ideas about how to improve their showmanship while they're playing. Liam and Louis were discussing Liam's ideas for what he was going to do on the break since he was single. Emma and Breana were in a deep discussion with Tayler about throwing Ali a baby shower. Since everyone else was in their own discussion, Michael decided to pick up the crayons and started to color with Emery. Adaley stayed silent as she watched everyone interact and Harry was watching her from the corner of his eye. He couldn't understand why she wasn't interacting with anyone else. She appeared to be studying everyone. Harry was getting ready to say something to her when a voice interrupted his train of thought.

"Harry?" Niall asked and Harry turned to him, eyebrow raised.

"Yeah?" Harry asked and Niall smiled.

"You okay? You seem to be deep in thought." Niall inquired and Harry chuckled softly, nodding at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just trying to figure out why Adaley doesn't seem to want to interact with anyone." Harry said, glancing quickly at the little girl. Niall nodded in understanding.

"I noticed that while she was staying with us so I asked her about it." Niall said and Harry frowned, looking back at Niall.

"What did she say?" Harry asked, now all his attention was focused on Niall. Niall chuckled softly.