Chapter 22. Vortex

I was in Orochimaru's hideout for a week. He's very happy that now he has his body back, and I discover new faces of him every day. He can be sweet, but sometimes arrogant, or just very very lovely. He's a good man despite the fact that he was a little crazy back then. But now it's okey. Our relationship is pretty good till now, it's like he forgot about Sasuke's body and just train him, nothing in exchange.
Now we were having some breakfast, more like he, because I don't usually eat, I don't need those type of things to maintain my body. I just eat some dangos. They are so good, they are my favorite from all this food.
I suddenly feel a strong chakra. So they started to move again. I kissed Orochimaru and give him a soft smile then I disappeared.
" Hei guys. How are you? "
" Chi, you're here. I didn't expect you to be there. " said Kakuzu.
"I'm here because I was bored. And I wanted to walk a while with you so shall we?"
They looked at me strangely then we walked. Hidan was caring a guy form the fire temple.
" New bounty ?"I said looking at him.
" He's quite a big one. " said Kakuzu with a proudly voice
" Yeah, literally. "
" Oh you little girl. Give me that of its too havy for you. "
Hidan gave me the body and I put it into a small scroll.
" See? It's pretty easy if you think."
He mocked me than we continue to walk.
" So why don't you tell us the true reason of your suddenly appearance? "
" As sharp as always Kakuzu. The truth is that I wanted to tell you something. That kid, Naruto, the nine tails jinkyuriki, you know him don't ya? He is now learning a new jutsu So try to avoid his attacks if you find him."
" It's just a kid!"
" Yeah but you will be useless if all your chakra points will be gone, and maybe you forgot, but I won't take anybody's part. If you die, you die and that's it. I won't be there to help you. "
"So what you're saying that you'll watch us die? "
Hidan was so angry and looked at me with cold eyes.
" Yes. Just like I'll watch them die. I'm not you enemy, bit not your friend, remember it. "
They were ready to comment, but we reach our destination.
" We're here. "
We entered and went to the morgue. It looked like that.
" You again? What do you have here now? "
I took out the scroll and he looked at it.
" Usually you're bodies were in a better shape? "
" I know but this isn't mine. It's his. "
Kakuzu entered the room and took all the money.
" Wait I want to count them"
" They are all. Sorry but we don't have time for this. It's a fight outside. "
I teleported out and Hidan was doing his ritual. I punched him and he looked at me.
" Don't do that. We don't have time. You'll be okey without it since I'm here so concentrate!"
Asuma's team came with the two men that were watching over the gates. They looked over and saw that Akatsuki was there so started to fight.
*time skip. You know the fight so I won't say it again *
Asuma just died and Shikamaru saw me. He came and begged me to heal him, and I could but I don't want to. Like I said I won't butt in in their fights. If someone does than they die and that's all.
" Stop crying. You all should be serious and face it. "
" You're with them! That's why you won't bring him back. "
" Shikamaru stop it. Asuma wouldn't want to blame anyone for his death. " yell Ino crying at the same time
" That's true. *sob* Asuma was too kind to do that. "
" Fuck it kids! It's not the good time to cry! They will come back so go and train if you want things to be better. Be strong and live on. "
They all looked at me and stop crying. They went to the village and I went with them for now. It's not Ino or Choji that worry me, but Shikamaru... He was in a pretty bad shape. I went to his house and there he was alone in a dark room with a shogi table on the floor . He was crying very very hard. I bit my lip. I don't want him to face life like this. He's still just a kid.
I went over to him and put my hand on his back. He turned to see me, but the tears were still on his face.
" Hei kid. I won't ask you if you're okey, because I see that you're not. But I'll ask you another thing. Do you want me to make you feel better?"
" You can? "
" Yes. Come here. "
I opened my arms and he came, I hugged him and then I put him into a long relaxing sleep. I entered his head and fade that memory a little and make it better, now it won't hurt so much.
I let him sleep into my arms. I looked over and his father came in.
" Who are you and what are you doing?! "
" Shh. You'll wake him up. For now let him recover a little. I'll watch over him. "

*another time skip. Next morning *

Shikamaru start to wake up. I pat his head softly and he looked at me.
" You were here all the night? "
" Yes, I didn't want to wake you up. "
" Thank you. A lot. For all the things you've done. You were right "
" It's okey. Now how about we play a game. I didn't play shogi for a long time. "
" Sure. "
We set the table and he let me to start. I was pretty good at this game, I mean I had a lot of time to practice. But he was too. I mean I could see that he was analysing a lot of moves. He remember me of old times. My son used to play shoghi a lot. He liked it very much. And he was just like Shikamaru.
" You know some wounds won't just heal so easy. Some of them leave a scar, Fuck it some of them don't even heal. They stay open bleeding and hurting so much every single day. I know it. I know it better then anyone, and that's way I didn't bring Asuma back to live. Because you must learn this lesson. And I'm so so sorry that I was so cruel. I really am. And I still hope that all this wounds that you have will heal, cause I know that mine won't." the last part was more like whispering or in my head, I couldn't bring myself to say it loud.
" Chi... Why are you crying?"
Huh?! I'm crying.. I-I didn't realise it. I touch my cheeks. They were so wet. Yeah looks like I'm really crying.
Shikamaru came to me and hugged me. Wow I'm broken. Fuck it I'm more broken than anyone. I wipe off the tears and kissed Shikamaru's cheek.
"Sorry, but I have to go now. "
He let go of me and I teleported in a forest. It was the place where that tree used to grow. I sit on the place where it was and looked at the sky. I smiled and another tear was on my eye.
" Why am I here? "