Chapter 9. Purpose

Kakashi was telling me that I have to give some explanations. Yeah, sure, because everyone will believe me if I say: "Hi! I'm Chiyoko, the first person who discovered chakra by eating a stupid fruit so I wouldn't die of malnutrition. I am about 6 thousand years and I was trying to hide, just to let you stupid people evolve, until Kurama wanted to awake, again. How I know that? Just the usual for me, beacuse I know everything that came with the Tree of Knowledge." This is so plausible. It's only the truth, for sure, but it doesn't mean they can accept it. No matter what I do for some teens who just begin to discover the world this will be a lie, maybe Kakashi will believe it, he'd be the only one, the rest of the team just won't get it.

     I look at Neji and sadness covers his face completely. I guess that he expected me to tell him about this earlier. The truth is that I could've stopped Zabuza from showing them that Bingo Book, but one way or another they had to find out the truth. I'm actually thinking of showing everybody the real me, but in the end it's only a thought as I decide against it. Today certainly isn't a good time for storytelling. They are all tired and the next few days will be decisive for them.

I close my eyes and power shifts to them as they become a glorious crimson red. When I open them, three little black spirals, each inside a six-pointed star dance on my iris. They are connected with some lines that form a specific sign. This is my sharingan, the very original version of it, from this parts and bits go to every descendant with an affinity for it. Before they have any chance to see it I place a genjutsu over them and I jump over the window. Good-bye, my friends...

I run to the forest, if one thing can calm me down it's probably nature. Sitting on the bare ground and looking at the sky, only the wind makes some noise around me. The stars are so beautiful. Wow, so many years have passed already. This is a hobby of mine, reading the stars and thinking about time. Belief is something long gone from my being, but with time I just can't help but wonder when will this stop. The thought of getting old and dying makes room for itself in my mind again as my heart aches again. It's always the same routine: I find something/someone funny, interesting, lovely than I fall in love, I have fun, I have friends...then they die, I stay, I always will. It's not that I don't want to tell them but what will that change? They will die knowing the truth. That's all. I smirk as I remember how did my last friends react when I told them the truth. At first they were like: " So you're an old bitch. We will still love you so don't worry."  That's one of the few possible outcomes, another is endless curiosity about my condition and the last and probably my favorite is the one when they beg me to help them, then use me to become overly powerful.

But no matter what, they age and they get   so angry that I hold the curse of immortality because they consider it a gift. I never  wanted all of this. Sure, to live some hundred years, it's definitely entertaining. You can so many things but then... It's just boring. You get to do or see it all and then nothing is left to surprise you.

I can't even die. Everything around me protects me, no matter what. Let me explain better: if somebody would cut off my head, I wouldn't die, it will either reattach or just completely regenerated. Like a puzzle. It's so creepy! Or or... If I starve myself to death. The nature will connect to me and give me the necessary things. I'm just a crazy immoral thing! I don't even deserve to stay near real people!

I transform myself into a little squirrel and I go back to watch over my team. It looks like Kakashi started training them. It's tree climbing! I think that this is the one of the first things that I've done after I ate the fruit. Looks like Neji is the best, just as he should be, I mean, he is a Hyuga- his chakra control must be perfect. Sasuke and Naruto had a little trouble, but Kakashi motivated them. I can see their will in the eyes, as they channel their resources into this.