Chapter 26

Hailey's POV

Liam left after that night and no one knows where he went and now Harry keeps dipping in and out of the house, not talking to anyone, even me. That leaves Louis with the responsibility of trying to trace Harry down and Niall with the responsibility of trying to trace Liam down. Which leaves Zayn the only one here to talk to. Due to the fact that Zayn is, well he's Zayn, I go on lots of walk to try and clear my head.

I haven't heard from Harry since the last time he was in the house; 5 days ago. The last time I saw or heard from Liam was the night he told me he was in love with me and had been this entire time. I'm still trying to process that. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he confessed his love for me and the result of it. Watching Harry go off those rails was frightening. I would be lying if I told you it wasn't. Seeing the anger in his eyes like that, it was like he was completely gone and the Harry I grew to love was gone and replaced by a murderer.

I'd been walking around town the entire day, finding it odd that I was able to do this now. With Rebecca, Elliot and Charlie gone it was the first time since I was kidnapped that I had actually been able to feel safe. I sat down on the park bench and pulled my phone out, opening my messages and sighing. I had sent messages to both Harry and Liam and hadn't heard back from them. I was lucky enough to hear back from Louis who said that he keeps getting leads as to where Harry is and Niall told me he almost wants to give up because he cant find Liam anywhere.

I tapped on Harry's named and hit dial, waiting impatiently as it rang and rang. I knew he wouldn't pick up but to hear his answering machine would be enough. I sighed, pulling the phone back to end it but the other line picked up.

"Hi." His raspy voice sounded through the phone making me sit up taller.

"Harry. You answered." I said utterly shocked. Harry had been dodging my calls and ignoring me since he left and even when he was at the house he hadn't spoken more then two words to me.

"Yeah." He said quietly, clearing his throat as silence lingered on the phone.

"Where are you?" I asked hearing him sigh. He didn't say anything but I knew he was there.

"Please." I begged.

"I don't want to be found Hailey." He said making me sink back into the bench, an aching growing in my chest.

"Don't you miss me?" I asked, my voice starting to shake as I could feel a lump growing in my throat.

"You're all I think about." He said calmly.

"So come home to me." I said feeling my eyes water as he didn't respond.

"I cant Hailey, I hurt you because I got so angry, I need to work stuff out. You and I both do." He said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked defensively.

"You know what I mean."

"Please, fill me in." I snapped.

"you didn't even flinch when Liam told you he was in love with you, you've secretly known in the back of your mind that he had always loved you and I think that deep down theres a part of you that's always loved him too. You love how he nurtures you and can take care of you like you matter to him, things that I don't do. I know you feel safe with me but I know you feel safe with him. There's been a part of you since day one that has had you mind on Liam." He said making me sink even deeper into the chair because there was some truth to what he was saying. I didn't think I was in love with Liam, but I loved the way he treated me and the way I was around him.