Chapter 17

Hailey's POV

I heard growling, hissing and loud bangs coming from downstairs, startling me and making me spring up. I ran to the doorway and suddenly it was quiet. I froze, feeling fear pump through my body. What was happening? Liam darted up the stairs and grabbed onto me making me scream into his hand as he covered it.

"I want you to run, go run through the forest, cover your steps. Run until you find a small cabin north of here. Louis, Zayn and Niall are there." He whispered in my ear. "When you hear me hiss from the back yard, start running but be quiet as you leave." He added making me nod slowly. He ran down the stairs and I tip toed along to the tip of the stairs where I peered over, watching as Liam and Rebecca fought. She was too preoccupied to even notice me but as my eyes traveled I noticed someone lying on the ground. I almost fell to my knees, having to cover my mouth as I noticed it was Harry. I had to reassure myself he would be fine and he would wake up because Liam tossed Rebecca into the back yard, beginning to hiss. Quietly but quickly I made my way down the stairs and through the front door before I set off in a mad dash. I ran so fast everything around my blurred, I was going on adrenaline. I sprinted around trees, trying to make my path abstract so if she were to track me down it would be hard.

I had visions of Harry's limp body, of Liam and Rebecca fighting which made me run even faster.

I ran until I couldn't feel my legs anymore and I kept pushing. I was running in the right direction it was just a matter of finding this cabin. There was nothing up here, no people or houses to even save me if Rebecca caught up. I was so caught up in all of it, all of the fear I felt myself beginning to cry, hating not feeling safe. Hating not knowing what happened to Harry or what was going to happen to Liam.

After what felt like hours of running I came to a small cabin in a small opening. The sun was beginning to set so the lights were on inside. I didn't know if it was the right one but I chanced it anyways. I sprinted towards it, yelling the boy's names as I grew closer. The front door opened and Louis stepped out making me sigh of relief. I ran into his arms and he hugged me back tightly rubbing my back as I began crying into his shoulder.

"You're okay." He said carrying me into the house, locking it behind us. He let go of me and I ran up to Niall, hugging him as he kissed my head. I even hugged Zayn, who held onto me tightly and whispered in my ear that it would be okay.

I sat down on the couch with a cup of tea in my hand and a blanket wrapped around me as the three boys sat around me in silence.

"You should have seen it." I said sniffling. "His motionless body." I said feeling a hand on my knee. I looked up and Zayn's eyes were full of sorrow as he awkwardly tried to comfort me.

"Harry's supernatural, he will come out from being knocked out and he will know where to go when he wakes up." He said making me nod.

"We should get you to bed." Niall said standing up and helping me up, taking on Liam's role. I nodded as he guided me down a wooden hallway into a small room that basically consisted of a king size bed and nothing else. I crawled into the bed and he covered me with the thick blankets, brushing the hair off of my face.

"How many houses do you guys own?" I asked making him laugh.

"A couple." He said kissing my forehead before flicking the light off and leaving me alone.

-------

I woke up from a nightmare to someone screaming making me jump up. I threw the covers off of me and ran out of the room and down the hall. In the living room were 4 boys; Niall, Louis and Zayn now plus Harry. But Harry was curled over on the ground, sobbing.

"Harry." I said running towards him but Louis stepped infront of me, picking me up and carrying me back to my bedroom. I hit his back and called for Harry who slowly raised his head and looked up at me, his eyes pale as his face was streaked red from the amount of crying he had done. Louis carried me into my room and closed the door behind us, leaning on it so I couldn't get through.

"Let me see him." I said yanking on his arm as he starred at me, his bottom lip quivering.

"He isn't stable." He said as I still tried to fight him.

"He needs me, I'll help him." I said pulling on his bicep that flexed against me. "LET. ME. OUT." I screamed, slamming my fist on the door surprisingly making him jump.

"Hailey." Louis said quietly, finally meeting my eyes. "Liam's dead." He said making my mouth immediately part, the air sucking out of my lungs and a light headed feeling rushing over me.

"W-what." I stuttered, watching his crystal eyes water over.

"Rebecca killed him." He added, croaking out at the end and beginning to cry. I didn't know what to do, I stood still as Louis cried and Harry cried on the other end of the door, I could still hear his sobs. Louis fell into me and I wrapped my arms around him, starring wide eyed at the door spacing out. I didn't know what I felt, just empty like it hadn't hit me yet.

And then I thought of how nurturing Liam was to me. How he was there when I woke up and was always there if I got hurt of ever needed anyone to talk to. Now I wont have that person in my life anymore.

I gave in and began crying as Louis held onto me and I pulled at his shirt, beginning to sob louder with each second. I fell to the ground and he sat down beside me, pulling me into him.

"Hailey you should know that Harry killed Rebecca." He said into my ear. There was no response I could have given, nothing I could have said besides just simply nodding my head. Scared to know what was going to happen now that it's just the 5 of us with no one to run from, just our thoughts to hide from.

--------------

A/N:

I think I update more then any other wattpad user but since i'm sick and literally have nothing else to do but get lost in my own thoughts, yall will get lots of updates, probably within one day too.

So I killed Liam off wahhh </3

Tell me what you guys think!