Chapter 24

Hailey's POV

I ran through the dark forest with Harry a few yards to the left of me and the other three dispersed along the forest trying to hunt him down. Every so often we would get the scent of blood but it would go away just as fast as it came. Each time i'd pick my speed up, letting the air rush through my hair.

"Harry go south, I'm heading north!" I yelled loud enough so he could hear it.

"Be careful!" He yelled back before I kicked off again, running faster then I ever had before.

After five minutes of running like that I hit a scent again but this time it stayed longer. I chased it, following the scent down a path and then down a hill until I came to a small stream. The scent was stronger and I could hear someone breathing heavily and grunting, almost sounding as if they were crying.

"Li." I said loudly, walking closer and closer to the sound.

"Hailey." Someone whispered making me break out into a run again. I turned a corner and stopped dead in my tracks, finding Liam leaning against the rock breathing heavily, blood all over his mouth and chin, dripping off of him onto his white shirt. His eyes were blood shot and veins pulsed through his face.

"What happened?" I asked watching a tear slip out of his eye.

"I killed a lot of people." He chocked as I approached him slowly. He stood up, shaking slightly and as he did so I could see someone leaning on the other side of the rock, their back towards us.

"She can be saved." He said making me raise one eyebrow. I walked around the rock and let out a scream as I saw Annie lying against the rock, her eyes closed and her head hung. I looked back at Liam and he stood there with no expression to his face.

"What do I do?" I asked loudly, my hands shaking as I tried to clean her off.

"Feed her your blood." He said calmly. I knew that after my scream the boys were  headed here but I didn't want them to find Liam like this and find out what he did. I bit into my forearm and tore the skin causing dark blood to poor out. I propped Annie's head up and brought my arm to her mouth. At first there was nothing but soon she twitched and her eyes popped open as she began drinking my blood and groaning, trying to pull away. As soon as the colour was back in her face I let go and she coughed, whipping her mouth in disgust. I pulled her into a tight hug and looked up at Liam who starred down at us, a blank expression plastered on his face.

"What happened?" I heard Louis' voice as he ran into the clearing, starring down at the mess.

"Liam what did you do?" Zayn yelled as Annie held onto me tightly. I kissed her head and let her go to Zayn as she sprinted into his arms, burying her face into his chest.

"I don't know." He said quietly. Harry ran into the clearing and I stood up as he approached me, studying the entire situation.

"You fed on her?" Harry asked angrily.

"He killed her." I said quietly making Liam look over at me, for once giving me an apologetic look.

"Take him back to the cellar and Zayn get Annie back to our house and relaxed." Harry ordered.

They all agreed and left me and Harry there alone as I starred down at the ground.

"She's going to be okay, you saved her." He said pulling me into him as he kissed my head.

"I want to get away, I need to." I said into his chest making him pull back slightly and look down at me. He brushed the hair out of my face and tilted his head slightly.

"We just got him back and you want to leave?" He asked making me nod.

"I just need to get away, I need to forget the fact that I'm a vampire for atleast one day." I said beginning to cry. He brought me into a tighter hug and hushed me as he rubbed my back.

"We can do that." He said as I held onto him tightly.

Harry's POV

I loaded the car after saying goodbye to everyone and then got in the front seat beside Hail who was smiling over at me making a relief rush over me. I was just happy to see she was smiling. I started the car and then grabbed onto her hand, intertwining our fingers before pulling out of the drive way.

We were going to stay up at the cabin on the lake that we were in when we were running from Elliot. We were going to be there for 3 days just so we can get out of town and away from the rest of them, so she can try and remember what it was like to be happy and human.

When we got there Hailey didn't even help me unload the car she just ran into the back, pulling her shirt off as she headed towards the lake. I laughed and chased her watching as she stripped down into her bra and underwear and ran into the lake laughing. I pulled my shirt off and jeans down before chasing her and diving in. She giggled as I reached her and splashed me making me laugh. I grabbed onto her and pulled her into me making her chuckle as she wrapped her legs around my torso. She held onto my shoulders as I held her up by her thighs and we starred at eachother.

"Thanks for taking me away." She said leaning her forehead on mine. I leaned in and kissed her nose.

"You're welcome." I whispered.

We swam for a bit before we  unloaded the car and put our things away and then we sat out by the fire wrapped in a blanket. I had her on my lap as she warmed me up with the blanket wrapped around both of us.

"When we used to go camping I was the best at making smores." She said putting her marshmallow and chocolate on the cracker before sticking it in tin foil and by the fire. I kissed her cheek as she leaned into me and watched as she starred up at the stars.

"When you first fell in love with me did you feel it this strongly? Like you just knew right away, the minute it happened you felt it?" She asked me as she looked down at me. I nodded and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"It was just like something clicked." I said making her smile.

"What made you know it was real?" She asked playing with one of my curls.

"Because you made me forget about it all and you made me feel like I was human again." I explained watching her eyes fill with delight.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and brought her lips to mine; kissing me gentle. I pulled back from her making her frown as I put the fire out before returning my lips back to hers making her smile into me.

"My smore." She mumbled into my lips.

"Leave it." I said making her chuckle as she continued to kiss me. She held onto me as I carried her into the house and up the stairs into the bedroom without pulling back at all. I placed her down on the bed and she pulled me with her making me smile as she continued kissing me softly. Eventually it picked up and she sat ontop of me, kissing down my neck. I held onto her hips and pushed her down making her inhale sharply as my kisses grew from powerful to soft again. I fell beside her and pulled her into my chest as she grew comfy. I turned the night side light off making the room pitch black as she squirmed into my side.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." She whispered back.

I didn't want to be any where else then right here because I felt like myself again, I felt human and I could only hope that she felt it too.