Chapter 3

Harry's POV

I left Hailey alone in the room that was now going to be called hers and went downstairs to join the others. As I was walking down the stairs I could already hear them talking about it.

“I don’t know about this guys, she’s just a regular girl with a regular life.” Liam said making me laugh as I got to the bottom of the stairs, making them all turn to face me.

“You’re too soft Liam.” I said shaking my hand.

“He has a point Harry, like the poor girl. Why are you even doing this?” Louis asked making me lean on the chair.

“Are you stupid? We let her go and she goes and tells everyone our secret. We have been close enough to being outed before. This is my home, I wont let some girl ruin that.” I snapped.

“She’s not just some girl to you is she?” Niall asked tilting his head.

“She is.” I said raising my eyebrow.

“So you wouldn’t mind if I go kill her right now?” Zayn asked standing up, making me step forward causing him to laugh and sit back down.

“You cant just kill the girl.” I said quietly.

“Why not? We’ve done it before.” Louis said eyeing me.

“Because she does seem different okay, last night she wasn’t scared of me or intimidated until I told her to run. Most girls get scared the moment I get all territorial.” I said shrugging.

“Awe Harry’s got himself a girlfriend.” Liam cooed making me roll my eyes.

“We all know after last time I can never love again.” I said turning around, heading down into the dungeon. I walked down the cold stone stairs and headed around the corners to my study, falling into one of the chairs and opening the desk. I pulled out an old journal that I had given up on, pulling the pen out and skimming through the pages, reading my dark past.

I’ve loved once in my life, a long time ago. Her name was Jenna and she was perfect  until she turned. We fell inlove and she begged me to turn her, so I obeyed her. We spent 7 years together and over those 7 years I could see the darkness inside of her coming out to the surface; the monster inside. She was killed for getting her hands too dirty and ever since then I’ve never had the desire to love again. After Jenna was killed I spent the next decade going on sprees every single day, it wasn’t until my brothers locked me up down here in the dungeon and starved me until I changed my ways. The deal we made was that once a month I could pick one person to feed off of. I’m not supposed to kill them but I always suck them dry until they die. But this time was clearly different and I had hardly any idea why. As I was sucking the blood out of her neck memories just flashed through my mind of my spree days and then I looked in her faint little hazel/brown eyes and I saw Jenna and I had to just stop.

I heard footsteps above me but they weren’t one of the boy’s. I could tell because they were quiet, sounding as if someone was trying to tip toe out. I got off the chair and ran through the back to the front door which swung open when I got there. Hailey jumped back and starred at me scared.