Chapter 12

Harry's POV

I woke up with Hailey intertwined in me tightly. Last night I realized something I had been unsure of for too long, I was afraid to admit it to myself. I was in love with her. I didn't want to admit it because I was scared, yes me, I was scared. I was scared that if i realized it was true, then some how Rebecca and Elliot would find out and rip the happiness I found. The second reason was the last time I loved it ended in death. There's only so long you can love a human before they love you back, before they realize what this curse really does to you. I'll stay the same and Hailey will grow old and she will start living a perfect life everyone should want but she wont be happy. Because for humans, being human is never enough. They cant enjoy and accept the fact that there comes pure joy out of that heart that is constantly working to keep your body alive.

I carefully unraveled her from me, being careful not to wake her. Once I was completely out of her hold i got up and looked  back down at her perfect sleeping body. I leaned down and kissed her head before leaving her alone. I walked down the stairs and listened in as my brothers had returned.

"How was your night alone?" Louis asked winking at me.

"Nothing like how you think it went." I said going into the fridge and picking a bottle out and popping the lid off of it before drinking the refreshing beverage.

"So Hail didn't get it?" Zayn frowned making me sigh. I quickly picked the knife up and chucked it at him making him laugh as he caught it with his fast reflexes.

"You have it in store for you today when she wakes up, she found out about Annie." I said making him shoot me a dirty look.

"isn't there some things you can keep from her?" He growled.

"I don't know, I mean i guess i could but what's the fun in that?" I teased. "Liam watch over her until i get back okay? I'm going to deal with something." I said before exiting, hearing someone follow me.

"Where are you going? Hailey will want to see you when she wakes up." Liam asked.

"If she needs to see me, tell her that I went to go deal with the plant." i said making him raise one eyebrow.

"What plant?" He asked making me smirk.

"It's a secret." I said before dashing out, heading towards the meadow.

For avoiding this place for half a century I sure have been here a lot lately. I held onto the plant i had in the pot and a watering can in the other as i walked across the field. I picked a spot right by the house, by the porch where I woke up alone. Most of me wanted to find out who my turner was so I could beat the living shit out of him for leaving me, but another part of me wanted to build a relationhip with that person i never got to.

I  bent down and began digging the hole to put the plant in, i stuck it in and covered it with dirt before watering it and sat back starring at it. I expected it to reveal itself right away but i didn't know.

An hour after waiting i guess it was time to go home and face that fact that if this was true, some how it would come to me.  As I walked onto the property I heard yelling and screaming making me run through the front door, the three of my brothers holding down Zayn as Hailey stood her ground, yelling at Zayn for what he did..

"I don't understand why you do what you do and why you're such an asshole but you need to change your act Zayn." She screamed making me run and grab a hold of her. She shook me trying to get me off of her.

"Get off! He's a monster." She screamed, tears fighting her eyes.

"We all are Hailey! All of us even Harry, wake up and realize we aren't your friends, we are your enemies." He screamed making me let go of her and lunge at me. Niall let go of Zayn and held me back as i cursed at Zayn, taking my mind off of Hailey for a split second. But that second was short lived when Hailey ran over to Zayn, driving a knife straight into his gut like she did to me the night we argued.