Chapter 19

Harry's POV

The service is today. It's a small service with close friends and relatives from all over that I've either only met once or never seen in my long life. The service wasn't that long but it was long enough so we could all try and move on. It was weird standing there watching as they lowered the casket into the ground and we all threw some dirt ontop of the shiny coffin. It was weird  being around these people, some of them not knowing what we are, what Liam was. None of them know the reason he died, what he died fighting for. None of them know he died being the loyal person he is, fighting to save not only Hailey's life but our relationship because that's just the kind of guy Liam is.

During the service some people said a few speeches and reflected on Liam's life and all the great things he accomplished. His mum was one of those and during the actual burial I watched her the entire time. Holding onto his father as she sobbed, watching as her baby boy was buried in the ground not knowing that he died a hero. Liam wasn't attacked by an animal even though this entire town now thinks it. Liam died fighting for something he believed in and that very well might be the only reason I push through this.

Hailey's parents came to the ceremony and after she went with them and Annie to go get something to eat leaving me alone with the boys for the first time. Ever since Liam was killed I hadn't been truly alone with them, it's been us four plus Annie and Hailey but now it's just us four and it feels weird. We all stood around the grave after everyone left, starring at the new pile of dirt that would soon have a stone on it with his name engraved in it and underneath "loving son and brother". The thing that made us all break down is Liam doesn't have a biological brother, he's just a brother to all of us. To me, to Louis, to Niall, to Zayn and to Hailey.

"He wouldn't want us being this upset. He didn't have to run all the way from the cabin to go back to the house and get you two but he did because he chose to, because that's who he is." Niall said starring down at the ground. I knew that it hit me hard and I was probably the most dramatic in the group but out of us four, Liam and Niall were the closest. Before we were all one group, Liam and Niall had known each other before it. I was the first to be turned, alone for a while until I went traveling and stumbled upon Louis when I was in London. When we came over here and settled in the house we found Zayn in town at a bar, immediately knowing he was a vampire by the way he carried himself. We found Liam and Niall in a back alley way after Niall was attacked by another vampire; Rebecca.

Rebecca has ruined many lives and relationships; one of them being Niall's. He fell in love with a girl before he turned and once he turned the feelings heightened. He didn't even tell her he was a vampire yet, he didn't have any moment to because Rebecca snapped her neck then went after Niall.

I think that's probably why Niall is dealing with this okay, Liam wanted to see Rebecca dead just as much as he did, so to know that Liam died trying to make that happen reassured Niall that Liam was an amazing friend full of love and life.

"You know when we found you and Liam that night I was at my low. Jenna had just turned and she ran off. She was gone for 10 years before I found her again and from the moment she left I knew she wouldn't be back for a while. I was an asshole to everyone and one time  when I was sitting and talking to Liam, sharing a drink on the back porch he looked at me straight in the eye and said "You put this wall up and you're a real asshole sometimes, but you'd do anything for us boys and i'd do anything for you. I'd take a bullet for you Harry." that's when I knew that Liam was my brother. He died not only for you, for every other relationship Rebecca ruined, not only for Hailey, but he took that bullet for me like he said he would." I said not looking up at any of them, reminiscing  on the amazing person he was

----

Once the boys and I were done at the graveyard we all went home and had some drinks, actually laughing, I mean really laughing, for the first time in a week. We talked about old times and old jokes as Louis got the most drunk making a complete idiot of himself.