Chapter 9

Hailey's POV

"My dad is a professor at  university so naturally he goes on and on and never stops when it comes to topics he loves. So unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, my brain is full of random knowledge. He likes to compare things that are actually happening in the world, things bigger than you, to your problems. Because maybe some how you can find the irony in it, maybe you can relate it to you and then when you're thinking about your problems you can remind yourself that you're not alone.

Every so often whales beach themselves onto shores. They go on these suicide missions and try to kill themselves, ending up on a beach some where. Scientist don't know why, they study it and can come to iffy solutions but there's not sure answer. It might be the pollution, maybe military solars that cause it. But what if it's something bigger than that, something none of us know about?

As soon as they're beached teams will try their hardest to get them back in the water and there has been cases when they succeed in this then the whales show up on the beach the next day.

The whale removes itself from what it's scared of only to be thrown back in it to face it, resulting in another suicide attempt.

There's only so much that whale can take, there's only so much a human can take, only so much a vampire can take.

Harry can go on these killing sprees and then he has to deal with the guilt and hate himself. But then he's thrown right back out there forced to be around me, around other humans. Like the whale he is forced to be around something he's terrified of. He's scared of killing people. So there's two solutions for Harry; he can remove himself from the situation again like the whale, leading to possible death or he can face his fear. He can force himself to be around me and ignore the thirst.

I'm just scared that one day he might snap, and he will throw himself back on shore, unable to deal with the pressure."

I set my journal down, leaning back in the chair starring at it and sighing. I haven't written in this old thing in ages and the first time I do I blab on about something that doesn't make sense to anyone, not even me. I skimmed through the pages starring at the ink I've imprinted on it. All of it seemed so irrelevant. Me talking about stupid things, like weird teenage girls did. I sat up and ripped all those pages out, all but the one I just wrote on.

A clean slate.

I lied down on the bed starring up at the ceiling. Harry and I returned home yesterday and he's been avoiding me. After our talk on the back porch about his family we didn't really talk during the weekend. He kept quiet and ever since we have been home he's been locked up in his room. I'm worried that he's avoiding me because he's scared of what he will do.

I looked over at the clock, it was 2:00am. I knew that they were all asleep, I could hear half of them snoring since they were so loud. I got up and quietly opened my door, tip-toeing out of the room and down the stairs. I grabbed a blanket off the sofa and walked out on to the back porch, wrapping it around my shivering body. I starred up at the sky, the faint stairs twinkling slightly.

"Cant sleep either?" A gentle voice asked from behind me making me gasp and turn around. Liam stood in the door way laughing at my reaction making me roll my eyes. He walked over to the lounge chair set up on the deck and motioned for me to sit down.

"How are ya love? I feel like I haven't talked to you in a while." He said making me laugh.

"Well I live with you Liam, we always see eachother." I said making him shrug.

"I know but we haven't had a talk in a while." He said looking over at me with a heavy face making me smile. If I pick one of them to be a bestfriend, a bigger brother, it would be Liam. Probably because of his natural need to nurture you and be there for you. He was there when I woke up and has been there for me to calm me down. I leaned into him and he smiled.