Chapter 23

Hailey's POV

"How did this happen?" Liam asked as we sat cross legged on the grass in the back yard in front of each other. I could tell he was weak and hungry by each inhale he took because he looked like how Harry looked when Liam locked him up.

"After Rebecca killed you Harry killed Rebecca. It turns out that Charlie was in love with Rebecca and working with her, when he found out Harry killed her he wanted pay back so he kidnapped me, tortured me and then turned me before setting me out in the wild." I said watching his eyes widen, the worrying look I had missed so much rush over his face as he frowned.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help you out." He said making me put my hand on his knee.

"It's not your fault. You came back for Harry and I, you saved our life Li." I said making him smile.

"I'd do it again." He said before I pulled him into a tight hug, burying my face into his neck.

"I love you Hail you know that right?" He asked in my ear.

"I know, I love you too Li." I whispered. I could hear someone close the back door heavily making me pull back from Liam and look up. Harry walked up behind Liam, an angry look on his face as he squeezed onto a blood bottle.

"Here. You need to eat." He said in between his teeth. Liam grabbed the bottle from Harry as I stood up. He pulled me into him tightly and quickly making me gasp slightly.

"Hey." I whispered looking up at him and furrowing his brows.

"What's wrong?" I asked making him look down at Liam and then back at me. He shook his head and I sighed, going on my tippy toes and kissing him quickly.

"I love you." I whispered making him nod and smile as he leaned into me.

"I love you too." He mouthed back making me smile.

Something splashed on my foot making me look down to find blood splattered on my bare foot causing me to gasp. Liam got on his knees as he bent over, throwing up all the blood he just drank. Harry got down on his knees and grabbed the bottle from Liam as I patted his back as he continued to throw up more and more blood.

"Guys!" Harry screamed and soon enough the three boys came sprinting up.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked frantically. Liam went into a coughing fit as he leaned into me.

"He cant keep it down." Harry said studying the situation, a worrying look plastered on his face.

"It tastes disgusting and old, like it's been sitting in the warmth for decades, how fresh is it?" Liam asked as he coughed inbetween words.

"We caught it yesterday..." Niall said starring down at Liam. I looked at the blood bag, Liam had only drank a few sips of it but he threw up enough to fill the entire bag.

"Maybe he cant drink this stuff." I said making Harry look up at me.

"What do you mean?" He asked. Liam sunk into me and I wrapped my arm around him, knowing he was growing weaker by the second.

"I mean maybe that's part of the consequence. Maybe Liam can only drink from the direct source, from the animal itself." I said.

"That's not a massive consequence though, that's hardly a problem." Zayn said as Liam let little coughs out.

"Well we taped into dark magic, there's going to be more then one consequence but lets go get him food before he starves to death." I said making Harry nod as he helped me get Liam up onto his feet.

----

After five minutes of walking Liam was growing too weak to even walk so I had to sit him down while Harry went and hunted for us. We leaned against a tree and I had him lying down, his head on my thigh as his eyes stayed closed and his skin was paler. Looking at him was impossible because it felt as if I was watching him go again.

"Hailey." He said quietly.

"Yeah Li." I whispered.

"Harry's a jealous person so don't take it personally if he gets all defensive  like earlier." He said finally opening his eyes making me nod as I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"I know." I said.

Soon we were joined by Harry who was dragging a deer making me cringe. As much as I knew this was the better way I hated it because each time I felt awful. He threw the deer beside Liam and Liam inhaled, catching the scent and growing sudden strength. He sat up and pulled the deer up, pulling  fur back and beginning to drink making me screw my face up as I looked away.

Within seconds the coughing began and blood was splattered everywhere making me stand up. He hurled over and threw up more and more blood, more then before.

"Harry." I said frantically as Harry watched with wide eyes.

"Li are you okay?" He asked getting down beside him as Liam threw the rest of it up and shook his head.

"It's animal blood Harry, I cant keep it down and if I don't feed soon I'm going to go crazy." He said loudly as he wiped his mouth.

Harry starred at him unable to comprehend the situation.

"Harry he needs to feed directly but he needs to feed off of a human. Liam needs to kill." I said making Harry look up at me slowly and stand up running his hand through his hair.

"But if he kills it will crush him." He said, his green eyes starring directly into mine and I could sense how nervous he was about the entire situation. It was because Harry went through the same thing and he knows that killing an innocent person sticks with you. If Liam did that he would be crushed and the out come would be unbearable.

"What do you think Liam?" I asked looking past Harry.

This space infront of the tree where Liam once was, was now empty and he was no where to be found.

"Harry." I said loudly looking all around as he did the same, Liam was no where to be found and all that was left was a puddle of blood and the deer.

-------

A/N:

Don't hate me I was camping!

But I updated sooner then I said so youre welcomeeeeee. Sorry it was a short chapter.

Everyone's comments are sooo nice thank you guys so much hearing that you think I'm a good writer makes me all warm and bubbly inside hehe.

I reached almost 16, 000 reads when I was gone so that was great to come back to.

Not too sure when the next update will be, I have some chapters written I just don't know how long I'm going to keep this story going because it's already at 23 chapters.

Let me know what you guys think.