"It's alright." He said sipping his Coke. "We'll be alright."

The next morning I woke up and stretched out. I realized I was still in Cameron's bed, but there was no Cameron. I ran downstairs as fast as I could nearly crying hysterically hoping to God that he hadn't left yet.

I stepped into the kitchen and seen him sitting at the bar, although when he saw me he probably assumed I was a madman.

"I.. I just.. I thought.. You.." I tried to speak, but the tears, and my breathing weren't helping.

"Mack? Baby?" Cameron asked slowly approaching me.

"I just thought you... I thought you'd left without telling me goodbye." I said letting all my tears out. I felt him wrap himself around me tightly so I was fitting perfectly into him.

"How could I leave without telling my favorite person bye?" He said pulling away and flashing me a smile.

I squeezed him tightly, obviously giving him the hint that I wasn't letting go. He picked me up, and carried me into the living room. He took a seat on the couch still holding me close to him.

I didn't want him to leave. He was the only thing that could make every thing feel so right even when it wasn't.

Alex wandered down the stairs. I wondered when the last time he had been home was, but then again, I figured his dad probably didn't care.

"Is every thing alright?" He asked leaning against the framework. Cameron gave him a nod, and he walked back into the kitchen greeting Gina who was filling out paper work.

"Hey, Its okay." Cameron said softly into my ear. He kissed the side of my head.

I sniffled, trying to stop the tears.

Alex sauntered back into the living room, and sat down in the chair across from Cameron. Gina walked in, and nodded towards Cameron, letting him know it was time to go. With that, she walked back towards the door, carrying some of Cameron's stuff and slipping it into the car one suitcase at a time.

"Alex", Cameron said. "Promise me. Please promise me, you will take care of her, until I can find a way back?"

I looked up at Cameron and then over to Alex. He nodded. "I promise."

Cameron stood up with me still in his arms, and carried me over to Alex, setting me down in his lap. I was slightly uncomfortable now, but I figured Alex didn't mind comforting me.

"Mackenzie, I have to go now." Cameron said squeezing my hand. "I just want you to know, you're in good hands. I know he'll take good care of you, and I promise I'll be back."

He slipped his hand up caressing the side of my cheek. I leapt out of Alex's arms into Cameron's once more, wrapping my arms around Cameron's neck.

"I have to go now. Bye guys." He said pushing me away from him. I watched as he walked towards the door, grabbing the handle. He turned towards us and gave a small wave.

"CAMERON WAIT." I yelled. I ran to him, grabbed the back of his neck, and pushed my lips against his.
We kissed, moving in sync for a moment, and then I pulled away, wiping the tear that rolled down his cheek.