1; Recongintion

"Cassadee! Dammit, get him to shut up!"

I rushed down the hall way to greet the fussy baby. Manny didn't know any better and was only a few months. I was really surprised one day when this little guy showed up in my father's arms. I'm not who's he is, but he is like my own along with Damon. We all don't have the same mothers and they don't know theirs but we all have the same father. 

Manny is only a few weeks old and adorable. His hair was pitch black and he had the biggest blue eyes I've ever seen. He loves to be rocked and when you sing or talk to him. He likes to listen to things. He's a lot of work! But, totally worth it. 

Damon was a problem child. He has long brown hair. He is only fifteen but thinks he's my age being twenty. He likes to go out with his friends and think since where we come from makes him bad ass. He wants to be a singer but rap. I think he should just sing because he really isn't bad. He has the prettiest eyes being brown and blue at the same time. He's a good looking kid and he knows it. He also likes baseball. I try to support him because I know these are the years he's going to remember. I want to be there for him. 

I was just trying to get ready for work. My hair is very... different. I liked hair dye and decided to have Damon help me out. He said it made me look hot for being a sister. It's naturally brown but I had put a lot of blond and two streaks of red in. The two red spots weren't too noticeable but on my temples and very vague. I would usually put my hair up and today was no exception. I was a waitress at the local Diner and it was required. My hazel eyes weren't anything too attractive but the ones my father blessed me with. I was the only one with them. 

I had picked Manny up and started to sway with him in one arm. He had stopped crying long enough for me to finish my makeup. I wore eyeshadow, eye liner, and mascara to look good. I looked one more time in the mirror at my outfit and decided against it. I didn;t want this shirt but the black pants were stretchy and comfortable but looked professional. It was tight around my butt though. I had found my shirt that had the Diner logo and my name on it. It was tighter but I liked it so I could put my belt on easier. 

"Damon!  You are going to school today!" I called down the hallway, trying my best for the other people in the house to hear. Dad didn't like noise and I didn't wasn't Manny waking up. 

Damon walked out with his jeans on and a black t-shirt. He styled his hair to the side and flipped it. It was the beginning of spring but still cold. 

"You are also wearing a jacket."

"Alright, Mom."

"I treat you like a child so I guess that's accurate." I playfully said back. 

I walked into Manny's room.  I put on his hat, gloves, socks, and finished him off in a blanket and walked out the house.  I owned a beat up car. It's a 2004 Durango. It's not bad and it's paid for. If i'd known about Manny, I would've gotten a safer car. Anyways, it's all black and older and it's been giving me issues.  I did like the tree rows of seat though.

I strapped Manny in and was going to miss him when he went to day care but right now, I couldn't wait to get him there. I didn't want to be late and Damon was going to make me. 

Finally, Damon came out. He had his book-bag and jacket on. I already had the car on and you could tell by the noise coming off it. 

Damon jumped in, shotgun. He fixed his bag at his feet, reclining his seat as far as it could go, and closed his eyes. I rolled mine. 

I drove off. I regret not taking any coffee with me. Manny was first. I left the car running and sprinted to get Manny inside. Once safe and sound, I was on the road again.