30.

Catch Fire- 5sos

Marie's POV
"Charlie hurry up!! We're going to miss our flight" i shout up the stair looking through our passports over again and again so nothing catastrophic happens on the aircraft or at the airport. I am cut from my dream when multiple bangs coming from the stairwell are coming closer and closer "mummy I'm here, and so is Olaf!!" She giggles holding her cuddly frozen teddy. "Okay let's go go go!" I giggle excitedly pushing my daughter and her luggage out of the door as well as locking it.

3 hours later...
"Plane 147 to Sydney is now boarding" the strict voice booms throughout the airport "Charlie" I whisper to a dozy little 5 year old "yes mummy" she yawns "we have to go now" I smile as she sits up and stretches "let's go see daddy" I smile.

Luke got us first class seats which is extremely generous, I would've been happy with economy as long as we were going back home. There are 3 spacious seats that roll into long recliners with a television opposite to each one. Everything is gold, the pillows, chairs and walls. It is beautiful.

Charlie and I sat down on our thrones; Charlie in the window and me in the middle. However, a person already had their bags in the over head locker so someone was sitting next to me. Please don't be a person who is so irritating I want to scratch my own eyes out.

"You okay Charlie?" I ask before lift off "fine mummy... I-I'm fine" she giggles nervously "strap yourself in, it's gonna be bumpy for a minute or so." I say taking her small, fragile hand in my big, cold palms. Charlie just smiles nervously in return.

Charlie starts to calm a bit as her breathing goes softer.. Then the unnamed figure sat down and sighed heavily, I quickly glanced at this figure thinking nothing of it, until I did a double take.. "Luke?" I ask as he smirks and opens one eye "hey" he whispers, Charlie's head shoots up like a rocket "lukey?!!" She shouts, louder than she should have, making a few heads turn as well as some dirty looks from some snobby, rich, chumps "sorry" I apologise to be polite not because I feel bad "Charlie shush" I sternly say "sorry mumma" she bows her head a bit but continues "so what are you doing here lukey?" She asks a lot quieter "it's ok Charlie be as loud as you want, these people are only sleeping" they both giggle but I just role my eyes, they are so alike. "But anyway, you guys didn't think you were travelling alone did you? Gosh I wouldn't let my girls alone on their flight home!" Luke fake gasped staring at both of our confused looks. "That's very decent of you Luke" I smile as he does too "yes and I'm paying so have whatever food or drink you want!!" He squeals in excitement "Luke you couldn't-" "no Marie I'm not having an argument over this! I want to do this, you guys are my first priority now." He smiles making Charlie smile and giggle. But I was confused what happened to Olivia? Did something happen? Why isn't she his first priority? I can't possibly ask yet, "thank you then, I surrender" I hold my hands up smiling.

It's been an hour since the plane has taken off and honestly it's been a good hour; we've all been chatting, giggling and basically snacking. But at the moment Charlie has her headphones in and is watching Home Alone. I just have my earphones in listening to Guns n Roses when I feel someone staring at me, I turn my head to the left very slowly, the person basically looking straight into my soul is Luke. I blush a little, "do I have something on my face?" I ask quite self conscience "oh er no no, I was just admiring how beautiful you look today" he smiles softly looking at the ceiling, embarrassment draining the colour from his face. "Well thank you. That's very sweet Lucas" I giggle as his head snaps towards me "Lucas?" He raises an eyebrow "yep Lucas, that's your name" I wink as he smiles "you used to always call me that" he reminisces "yea I did" I smile at him "I'm going to get emotional now Mar" he giggles as I point at him excitedly "mar!! Ahh it's memory lane" I laugh as I put my head on his shoulder smiling up at him "yea" he smiles down at me.

I yawn a little bit because we've been on this plane for 5 hours and I've not slept yet. I notice that Charlie's already asleep still with her headphones on and another film playing in the background. I nudge Luke a bit and glance up at him as he looks back down at me smiling, I point at Charlie and giggle and as he looks over a soft laugh escapes his lips. I lean over and turn the television off and take the headphones off her tiny skull and replace them with a small pillow she brought to keep her comfortable.
I sit back into my chair only for Luke to put his arm around me and bring me into his chest. I look up at him confused (I'm not complaining like) only for his beautiful crystal eyes to go wide and to let go leaving me a bit cold "oh I'm sorry, force of habit" he sighs letting out a shaky breath "Luke, I don't mind I would've cuddled you" I smile as I wrap my arms around his torso and place my head on his chest. At first he was hesitant as if I would never do that but I guess he also got a bit excited because as soon as he cuddled me back he held me as if he never wanted to let me go. But that's doubtful since he's getting married soon.

I doze off a bit, but Luke thinks I'm completely asleep as he's muttering things under his breath. I smile a bit because he's saying the most random things like "hope mum has enough food" or "have I packed my wallet? I better had". But there's one thing that caught my attention, his soft lips kissed my head and a soft "I love you" escaped his lips.