13.

Every rose has its thorn- Rock of ages version

"god the sun burns" he says sitting next to me "I thought you'd be in your basement Angela?" he added wtf im not Angela who is she?! "I'm not Angela and I don't know who you are" I spat having another bad day "ohhh right thought you were awfully quiet" he giggled "im Michael mystery lady" he held out his hand "Michael? As in Michael Clifford?" I asked in disgust "a fan ey?" "absolutely not" I spat he thinks I'd like him? Piss off.

"oh. How do you know me then?" he asked confused "well you called me a bitch, geek, slut and every other name for 5 years" I cringed since he doesn't remember his target in highschool.

He thought for a minute and then his jaw dropped "oh my fucking god!! Marie Taylor?!" he basically shouted "that is I" I sighed looking down at the sand "wow you've changed, bloody hell" he said checking me out "fuck off, I've had a bad enough day without you here" I spat wanting him to leave me alone "woah chill. People change from high school Marie. Im not that shallow boy anymore" he said softly "oh really? So you've swapped personalities with Luke then?" I asked "what do you mean?" he asked genuinely confused "well he's turned into an asshole and you've suddenly become a saint" I say "I don't get it, do you two have a thing?" "no we don't. He thought we did. But of course he has a girlfriend and of course he thought he could have me too. But all he does is break my heart" I sighed as a few hot tears slipped down my cheek. "oh im sorry about him.. If it's any constellation, calum and I dislike arzaylea she's a big gold digger who enjoys the fame" he said looking at me "I don't know her. But yea" I sighed looking away so he wouldn't see me cry. "you need cheering up!!" he stood up holding his hands out "pizza?" he asked "I won't say no to a free pizza" I giggle "who said im paying?" he said with fake shock "erm the crying girl who needs her knight in shining armour" I joked "oh is that me? What happened to the asshole?" he hit my arm "the asshole who brings me pizza then" I giggled "that's more like it" he replied.

We walked home with the pizza and he walked me to my house "do you wanna sit?" I say gesturing to my swing chair on my front porch "yea sure its only 8 o clock" he giggled "so you guys have really blown up ey?" I say poking his stomach "yea we're getting there" he giggles back "I wish I could perform on the stage" I sighed "why do you play?" "yea I sing and play guitar" I say "play me something!!" he giggles "well no, maybe another time" I shyly giggle "no now!! Im not leaving until you play me something!!" he shouted "do I have to?" I say pretending to fall asleep "YES!!" he shouts "fine" I sigh in defeat and run to get me guitar.

"ready?" "ready" okay Marie don't over think this,

We both lie silently still in the dead of the night,
Although we both lie close together, it feels miles apart inside,

Was it something I said or something I did? Did my words not come out right,
Though I tried not to hurt you, though I tried. But I guess that's whythey say every rose has its thorn.
Just like every night has its dawn,
Just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song,
Every rose has its thorn.
Yea it does.
Though it's been a while now,
I can still feel so much pain,
Like a knife that cuts you, the wound heals. But that scar, that scar remains. Yea yes it does.

I know I could've saved our love at night if i'd known what to say.
Instead of making love, we both made our separate ways.

But I hear you found somebody new and that I never meant that much to you.

To hear that tears me up inside and to see you cuts me like a knife.

Oh every rose has its thorn, just like every night has its dawn, just like every cowboy sings a sad sad song yea. Every rose has its thorn. Every rose has its thorn.

I finished and looked at mikey who was astonished (probably because the loser of the school could play) and he had the brightest smile on his face ever. "oh my!! That was amazing!! I have to talk to the management about you!!" he screamed "I have to go but I'll be back!!" he squealed, hugged me and ran down my garden at like 100 mph.

I smiled at myself and sat there playing some chords on my guitar when I felt a presence next to me "your back already-" I smiled looking up but it soon faded when I saw Luke sat there "oh it's you" I sighed still strumming my guitar "I heard your song just then, it was beautiful" he smiled "thanks but I don't need advice from you" I spit "what have I done?!" he asked bewildered "well I came to your house today to tell you my answer and well let's just say I heard a lot of moaning which was like a punch in the gut" I whisper the last bit "oh.." "and I actually thought you would give up your supermodel girlfriend for me. Boys are all the same. Pathetic" I say as a tear slips out of my eye as he stayed silent probably thinking up another lie "save what you have to say Luke. Sit here if you want but I don't want to hear it. Go fuck arzay-whateverherface again because im done with you. For good this time!" I shout as he looks like a lost puppy "im sorry.." he whispers as I see a stray tear fall "don't be. Next time when you're fooling a girl around and say you've always loved her when you haven't. Think" I say and slam my front door.
I can't let him in my life this time. There's no going back.