5.

Aerosmith- I don't wanna miss a thing

As soon as I left Luke I ran up to my room, balling my eyes out, thinking back to when we were kids and he wasn't ashamed to call me his friend.

~flashback~

"Lukey!!" I shout running behind Luke as we go to our oak tree "Hurry up Mar my legs hurt" he shouted back as he plopped down in front of the oak tree "im here calm down" I giggle lying beside him as we look at the brown and orange leaves above us "when we're older do you think I'll be good at playing guitar?" Luke asked staring at the tree still "yea you will! It's just hard now" I say "yea but what if I'm not" he sighed "Luke you will be, I can see you being one big rock star" he giggles "really? With a mullet and a snake tattoo going up my arm and-" "a lip piercing!!" I giggle butting in "yea!! Oh Marie you make me giggle" he chuckles "you too Hemmo" I giggle back as we look at eachother for a second "friends forever?" Luke asks sticking his pinkie out "friends forever" I smile as we carry on giggling.

~now~

I have to get him out of my head, I have to stop crying im sick of being this sad shy girl it's time to be me!

I collect everything together that was Luke's or any memory of Luke and stuff it all in a shoe box and put it deep under my bed. Even though those memories aren't coming out of my box I can't get him out of my head. Why? Why did I have to be in love with him?

I get all my new purchases out of the bag and begin my new way of relieving my feelings. I start by getting my notebook and writing on the front in glitter pen MARIE and decorating it with different patterns and shapes.

After decorating my sort of diary I begin to write everything that im feeling down..

It hurts. Everything.
I feel numb from the pain he has caused me. I thought he wouldn't treat me like the freak that I am. I thought he would be the person to treat me like a human being.
I guess I was wrong.
I've loved him with all my heart for so long and he doesn't see me as anything, im an empty shell. Im a social casualty.
I gotta get out.
I need a new start after high school.
Away from Luke. Goodbye.

I meant every word. I closed my pad and put it under my pillow.

-

Exams. Exams. Exams that's all I've been doing these past 2 weeks and I'm so sick of them.
My final test is today and I couldn't be happier!! I've been studying so much over these weeks and I cannot wait to get out, I've already got my future after school planned. In fact next week, on the schools prom night, I'm going back to England to move in with my auntie and start college there because I simply can't stay here any longer. I refuse to and after this test my cage is open and I'm set free.

Luke's POV
"how about, 'break the plans we had before lets be unpredictable'" calum said scribbling in his notebook as we were writing more songs and keeping ourselves busy before Playing our instruments "I love that!!" Ash squeals like a little girl "calm young one" mike giggles "as you know im older than you so shut up" he giggles back "who's that?" mike says looking out my garage window looking at a girl stretching "Marie.." I whisper "MARIE?!!" They all shout back in reply "guys we finished school a week ago im sure you're all not brain dead yet" I giggled "well after 'the incident' I've not seen much of her and Shes frickin hot dude" mike said licking his lips still staring out the window " she's always been hot" I whispered to myself "oh my" Ash said in shock "what" I snapped "you've got a crush on MARIE!!" He shouted "I do not" I turned my back "yes you do, you've been acting strange ever since the incident" cal chirped "erm no I haven't" I lied, I have been acting different ever since she didnt forgive me and not speak to me since I've not really had time for anyone but her and I truly do like her, she's changed so much, she's started doing more exercise, dyed her hair back light brown and she's started dressing all girly and shit but I can tell she only wants to be 'accepted' but she is by me. "okay guys I don't lets just get ready for prom" I said disappointed I wasn't going with Marie but with Catrice (yes I forgave her but only because I won't see her again).

We all finish getting ready and head outside only to be greeted by our parents "You guys look gorgeous!!" my mum cheered along with the rest of the mums "thanks mum" I blushed and looked up to see Mar packing her bags into her mum's car, what? I have to know what's happening isn't she going to prom?

I run across the road and tap her shoulder "hey" I say "hi" she bluntly says not looking at me "why are you packing everything in your car?" I asked "because Luke im leaving" she said and my heart shattered into a million pieces "leaving?" "yep im going to my aunties in England" she said smiling at me "w-well then" I said sadly "don't act all soppy on me now Luke" she giggled "this is a new start for me" she smiled as her emerald eyes shined into mine "but I'll miss you" I whispered "we haven't spoke in 3 weeks Luke and even then I didn't leave things on a good note" she softly said "yea but it'll be weird not seeing you across the road every day" I sighed "and it'll be weird not hearing a band practice every Friday afternoon" she giggled earning a laugh from me "come here" she said opening her arms and I gladly accepted giving her the biggest hug she will ever receive "wait!! I've got to give you something" she squeaked as she ran off into her house.

Two minutes later she came back with a guitar case "what you never knew was that I play guitar" she says next to the box and im stunned, how can she get any better? "really?!!" "really and I want you to have my acoustic guitar" she says "oh no I couldn't do that" I say "no no you can!! I can't fit it in anyway and it'll be a reminder of me" she smiled with pleading eyes "o-okay" I giggle "anyway I have to go now Luke" she says looking me dead in the eyes and hugs me once again "now go be my rockstar" she whispers in my ear as I feel a tear drop fall down my face.
And like that she was gone.
"Bye Marie" I whispered whiping my tear from my cheek as I watch her car drive down the road.