28.

Californication- Red hot Chili Peppers

Marie's POV

It's just been over a month since Luke visited Charlie, and it's been going well, we Skype him most nights, he always texts and rings and I always see gifts from him arriving at the door for Charlie. He's a wonderful dad.

However the package I opened today was the cherry on the top of the cake.

The post came through and I was scrolling through the different bills, flyers and menus. When I saw a letter with several stamps on it. I opened it and it had 3 different attachments to it.. I opened the first and it was a letter...

Dear Marie and Charlie,
Hey guys!! It's Luke here and I know by the time this package gets to you it'll be the beginning of December, which is awesome because it's nearly Christmas!! But the sad thing is we all won't be together on Christmas... So I've come up with a solution. Liz is having Christmas at her place this year and because I've found you guys, I thought why don't you guys come back to Oz and spend Christmas with us!! I've asked Liz and she immediately said yes!! Please come, it's a chance for my family to get to know Charlie and for you to also see your parents again. Im begging you Marie please come. So I've payed for your flight already (sorry if you said no Marie it's tough now) and im guessing by now, you know that the two other pieces of card are your boarding passes. I've payed for you to come for 2 weeks!! So you're spending Christmas and New year with us too!! Ahhh exciting...
Love you both,
see you soon Luke xx

At this point I was crying salty tears of joy, how can someone be so kind?! I looked over the letter again to make sure I wasn't dreaming and also checking the information and strength on the tickets to make sure this wasnt a sick practical joke.

I immediately ring Luke to thank him. The phone rings an excruciating 3 times until he picks up "hey Luke!" I excitedly say "this is not Luke." a rude bitchy voice said with some attitude, "oh umm who's this?" I ask hoping it's a maid or someone "Luke's fiance who's this?" oh it's that girl Olivia.. "oh sorry to intrude..im Luke's Friend" I say calmly and politely "well Luke's not here-" she snaps but is quickly cut off by the kindest man in the universe "Olivia have you seen my phone?" Luke shouts in the background "no.." she drags as I hear footsteps on the other end of the line "yes you do, you have it. Please can I have my phone?" Luke asks irritated as if he's had enough of her. "sure one of your friends is on." she says with (what I can tell) is a fake happy voice "thanks." he says "hey" he sighs, probably thinking it's Ash or someone "Luke!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! You are so so so sweet to do this!!" I giggle feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks already. "Did my package come then?" he says and I can already feel his smirk "it's okay Marie, I just want my whole family there you know? This is going to be the most magical Christmas ever." he sighs, happily.
"im so happy you did Luke!! I'll pay back every penny after it though Luke!!" I say giddily "no no no I'd do anything for my two girls" he happily says but then realises what just happened "shit sorry Marie I-" "it's fine Luke, I really don't mind" I smile into the thought of him... And me.. Together. Only a dream eh?

"okay good i-im just I don't know a bit mixed up at the minute.." he trails and I feel his sadness, which makes me quite upset myself. I hate hearing the love of my life with someone else nevermind being upset also. It hurts me so much you can't imagine it's like if Charlies had her heart broken. It sucks, "a-are you okay Luke?" my voice cracking with every breath "yea I-i just need to calm a minute, thank you for accepting, see you on the 24th Marie, tell Charlie I love her" he hangs up leaving me confused did I do something wrong?