001.

5 years earlier...
She sat on the couch with her long time friend Taison. They listened to whatever nonsense came through the speakers of the flatscreen in Cyn's living room. Neither one of the two were watching TV. Taison was eager to break the silence within the room but just as he spoke the door crept open letting in light from the hallway.

"What's up Tai. Hey beautiful." Tarren Taisons brother's voice lit up the small room

Taison cringed at his brothers ease with Cyn. He wanted to ask her out but didn't quite know how yet. Tarren stayed in the quiet filled room for a bit until declaring that the duo was boring.

Taison relaxed as Tarren escaped the room. He looked over Cyn still nervous about the next few words to leave his mouth.

"Will you go out with me?"

She smile lightly and he watched as she nodded still holding her smile. He released a breath as if he was relieved. She couldn't help but laugh.

Over the next few months she noticed anger filled outburst occurring . She had no fear that he would hurt her due to the assurance he filled her with. This changed one night...

"Taison baby you hungry?"

"Please baby let me play my game."

She nodded and walked in front of him to make his food.

"Cynia!" He roared pushing her from in front the tv

"Taison it's just a game." She said cutting off the TV

"Why would you do that?" He growled

She rolled her eyes and left out the room letting him deal with his loss of progress. He didn't take that too well. He ignored Cyn for 3 days straight and she was fed up with his pettiness.

"Taison?" She whined hoping he would answer but he only looked at her

"Forget it. I don't deserve this." She crawled from in bed and slipped on her slides

As she reached for the door her hair was violently pulled back causing her to crash on to the floor.

"Taison." She cried as he delivered strike after strike to her body

This must've went on for hours in her head. Once the blows stopped she remained on the floor cradling herself. Taison pulled her off the floor into his lap whispering sorry into her ear as he himself silently cried.

"I was just so afraid you'd leave."

As the days crept on Cyn became more and more afraid to upset Taison so she started walking on eggshells around him, being extremely nice and doing all that he ask and he liked it this way. He had her in the palm of his hand and would keep it this way for years to come.
5 years later....

"Cyn bring your ass in here!" Taison called

She drug herself into the room and faced her nightmare.

"What took your ass so long?!" He cringed slapping her so hard his hand stung

"I'm sorry." She held her face not wanting to look at his sour expression

"Fuck it. I'll get it myself." He growled stepping over her

She pulled herself from the floor, she had met too many times and ran herself a bath. She only got time to herself when she was in the shower or bathroom period. He never wanted to touch her anymore sporting the excuse that she was a pain to look at. Over the years this ate at her self esteem. She hates looking in mirrors and when she did get her phone from Taison the camera app was never in use.

This was her reality. The constant blows verbally and physically were almost normal. She only cried when it was really bad or she thought about her life and what it could have been. This was one of the those times. Once she was out of the tub she dressed in nothing more than sweats and a t-shirt she slipped on her slides and walked out into the living room. There was no sign of anyone.

Her phone was left on the table with a note scribbled onto a napkin.

I'll be back.
-Tai

She did backflips in her head. She had some time to herself. She knew exactly what she was to do. She always use to go on walks to clear her mind and her mind was as crowded as ever these days. She had a new found spring in her step for this short time as she left the small dorm that haunted her.

On her walk her thoughts of her life began to cradle her and trap her in a never popping bubble of negativity. She found herself crying and coughing violently as her fit raged on.

"You okay?" A stranger to the women asked as she added another block behind her

She nodded and continued with her fit.

"No your not. Let me get you something got to drink. It's 39 degrees out here." He encouraged with a smile

She shook her head no and continued to walk. She wanted him to stay away from her scared that Taison would catch her but he didn't give up.

"Your going to freeze. I'm just being nice." He shrugged

He entered his car and let the engine run as the heater blessed the interior. The woman looked over her almost frozen solid fingers and reached for the door pulling it open still unsure of her actions. Once inside the car she placed her hands in front of the small vent that flowed heat wiggling her fingers.

"I'm Travis."