Chapter Twenty Two

Tonight was the dance, and I couldn't help but feel so nervous. Niall was going to be there after I completely ditched him to go with Harry. Liam was going to be there after it looked like I lied to his face.

And I was going to the school dance with Harry Styles.

Every girl's dream was to go with him. Essentially, he's Prince Charming and he needs to pick the one. And if he does, the myth is that you'll live happily ever after.

Or you'll just get sex. Either way...it doesn't make a difference to these desperate girls.

"Blake, your hair is officially ready," Chloe said.

We were both at her house, getting ready for the dance. We still had a half an hour to go.

"Whoa," I said, staring in the mirror. I usually whisked my hair up into a ponytail or just wore it down, never really running so much as a brush through my hair.

But...Chloe had curled my hair so that it framed my face and softened my features. And on top of that, my lips were glossy and my eyes were bright. I was surprised by my appearance.

And Chloe looked stunning, as per usual. She had her hair up in a ponytail, with beautiful waves. And her dark eyes looked big and sparkling.

"Are you excited to go with Harry?" she asked, looking at me in the mirror.

"Erm," I answered, hesitantly. "I guess. More nervous than anything."

"Because of the assignment?"

"Chloe, this has to go right. Like, if I screw up this dance, I'm done."

"And Niall's going with Michelle?"

"Yup." Guilt twisted in my stomach. I felt so bad. Niall hadn't talked to me since I said yes to Harry. Can't blame him.

"You twisted yourself a nice web of lies there, didn't you?"

"It's getting so complicated. But, Chloe, I found this most amazing internship for the summer at newspaper in New York!" I told her. "I have to nail the interview and the letter of recommendation is so important. So Janet needs to pull through."

"So there's a lot on the line for you," she said nodding.

"Yeah." I got that knot in my stomach just thinking about it. "Anyways, enough about me. Are you excited to go with Louis?"

She blushed, and I smiled. It was so cute how you could tell right away that she liked him a lot.

"Yeah," she responded, truthfully. "He's just so nice and funny and cute. I just...I can't believe he likes me."

"Are you kidding? Lou has made it obvious since last year!"

She laughed.

"So, you think we'll be something tonight?" she wondered.

"Definitely," I answered with confidence.

The doorbell rang suddenly. The boys were here.

And I meant all of the boys - Niall, Liam, Louis, Harry, and Zayn.

With all of their dates.

We raced downstairs to greet them at the door, and they were all standing there looking quite handsome.

My eyes first went to Niall, who looked absolutely adorable in his tux. His blue eyes were even bluer - if that's possible - and his blonde hair were falling into them. He swept the strands back.