Chapter Seven

It was Friday, and there was a huge football game going on at our school. Everyone was going to go watch tonight, including me. And then afterwards, we were all going to over to someone's house for a party.

I was fastening the lucky bracelet onto Niall's wrist, and my friend, Chloe, was saving me a seat up in the bleachers.

"I'm super nervous. This is the first game the whole school's come to watch," Niall informed me.

"I have faith in you, Nialler."

"But -"

"Hey, no buts," I interrupted. "We just finished the lucky routine. I'm with you, while you play the game. Nothing can go wrong."

"Okay," he replied.

"Now, go out there and just have fun," I advised, patting him on the shoulder. He nodded.

"I'll see you after the game, Blakey," he said. "You are coming to the victory party, right?"

"You haven't won yet," I said, smiling. "But, I'm sure you will..."

"Nice save," he laughed.

"Yes, I'm coming," I told him. "Now, go and play - I'll be the one cheering for you."

He grinned and walked toward the changing rooms, as I made my way to my seat. Chloe was sitting there, with her jumper on the spot beside.

"Hey Chloe," I said, smiling.

Her dark brown hair was pulled up into a ponytail, pieces of her side fringe were falling into her dark eyes. She took the jumper off the bench and let me sit down.

She was a close friend from school, and one of the only real girl friends I can talk to. I've always been able to befriend boys, but girls seemed tougher for me.

"Did you do your whole ritual thing?" she asked.

"Yeah, he was especially nervous tonight," I informed her.

"He's scored a million goals in his life time and played thousands of games -"

"I think you're exaggerating on the numbers," I teased.

She laughed. "The point is...what's there to be nervous about?"

I shrugged, as the whistle blew from the centre of the field. Our school colours were blue and white, and everyone in the stands decided to wear those colours.

I stood up with everyone else as we began to cheer, and the game went underway.

"Blake." Someone from behind said my name. I was afraid to turn around because I knew who it was. The sternness in her voice was very off-putting.

"Uh oh," Chloe said, under her breath. "Queen of the bitches wants you."

I chuckled before turning around to see what Janet wanted.

"What do you want, Janet?" I asked, matching her voice. She was sitting in the bleachers above me, staring down at me. Daggers pointed through her blue eyes and I knew she despised me.

It was visibly there.

"I just wanted to know how your assignment was going?" she asked, smirking. She knew it wasn't really going all too well. How can it? She knew Harry, and she knew how impossible he was.

This was a suicide mission.

"It's fine," I answered, instead.

"Really?" she asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah."

"Because I heard from Paige that Harry was over at her place the other night," she informed me. I felt my stomach twist.