Chapter Nine

I was at school on the following Monday, and I was dreading the events that were to come. First, I had my weekly meeting with Janet - tell her what's been happening, let her know my progress (aka what a big failure I've been).

Not only has Harry slept with a girl after he kissed me - he managed to snog yet another one!

That's three points for him and one for me. Not to mention that I didn't even like Pete, and it was all the alcohol and stress in my system that made me snog him.

"So, Blake," Niall said from beside me. "Want to fill me in on what happened at the victory party on Friday?"

I paused. I didn't tell Niall because he usually likes to tease me about stupid things I do at parties.

"Erm...I gave Harry a piece of his own medicine?" I asked.

"Okay, well, that's one way of putting it."

"Did Pete tell you?" I wondered, groaning.

"More like he told our whole team."

"What?" I stopped in the middle of the hallway. Niall pulled me aside,so we weren't blocking anybody's path to class.

"At practice this morning, Pete was telling all the boys how you and him snogged. And he was bragging about how he was the first one to get to you after you've been in a relationship -"

"Oh God, what did Liam say?" I asked, worriedly. He hadn't talked to me since he saw Harry at my house a few nights ago.

"Liam wasn't there at that time," Niall said, reassuringly.

"So he doesn't know?"

"No," he confirmed. I sighed with relief. "Oh, but Harry just walked away from that conversation."

"He did?" I asked with surprise. "Why?"

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Maybe he's jealous?"

"Really?" I asked, a little too eagerly. Niall furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Or maybe he was just bored," he carried on. "Besides, Louis and Zayn shut Pete up."

"Really?" I asked, gratefully.

"Yeah, I was going to tell him to shut up, but they beat me to it. Louis got all serious and Zayn grabbed Pete by his jersey, and they told him to shut up about their best friend."

"Well, thank you Niall," I said.

"I didn't do anything," he told me, laughing.

"Yeah, but you were going to," I replied. I leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

At that moment, I felt someone bump into us. I didn't even have to turn around to know that it was Harry.

"Styles, watch it," I said, turning around to see him.

"Oops, sorry," he said, with absolutely no apologetic tone. "I tend to not watch where I'm going."

"Do you just expect everyone to move out of your way?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest.

"Generally, that is how it works." He had that stupid smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and turned away. I felt Harry brush past me as he walked forward, and Niall was standing there with a grin on his face.

"You know, he's only going to pursue you that much more if you keep challenging him like that."

"Ugh, someone's gotta teach him," I responded, but deep down, I was grinning like a fool. If one of his close friends says that my plan is working, then it must be.