Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys

Start from the beginning

“I’ve missed you too.” Alison said softly and closed the gap between them. The kiss was gentle and sweet and shortly interrupted by an elder woman.

“Kids!” she exclaimed as she pushed past Alison and George shaking her head. George laughed and Alison joined in with him.

When they returned to the Burrow that afternoon Remus Lupin was sitting at the kitchen table.

“Hello.” He greeted happily though his face was worn and tired.

“George I need you to pick carrots for Christmas dinner.” Molly said from the sink, “Now.” George gave a smile and headed out to the garden. Alison took a seat beside Lupin.

“How have you been?” she asked him.

“I’ve been better.” He said with a soft smile, “Been living with the werewolves. They’re not the nicest of people.”

Alison gave him a half smirk, “No? I would have been dreadfully misled then.”

Lupin cracked a smile, “How have you been? Holding up alright?” he asked her. Alison nodded her head, “Getting used to it. I don’t get headaches so much anymore, or get sick.”

“That’s a plus.”

“Can I ask you something?” Alison asked in a low voice as Molly bustled into the back room.

“Anything.” Lupin said his face turning serious.

“What happens if the Deatheaters catch me?” she asked barely audible.

“We won’t let them.” Lupin said assuredly, “You’re well protected.”

“But, in my visions. I’ve been with them. How do I keep what I see from them?” Alison asked softly.

Lupin frowned, “Don’t worry Alison.” He said patting her hand, “You won’t get caught. I’ll make sure of it. As will Dumbledore. As long as we have him you and Harry will be the safest in this war.”

Alison let out a sigh as Molly returned to the kitchen. “Alison dear, why don’t you help Ginny decorate?”

Alison took that as her cue to leave and stood up walking into the living room. The room was already quite full of beautiful paper-chains that Ginny had spent all morning making. Alison stepped over one that was lying on the floor and picked up the other end of the one Ginny was attempting to hang.

“I can’t wait till I can use magic. No more of this nonsense.” Ginny said as she stretched on the small ladder to hang the chain.

“That will be the best day of my entire life.” Alison said in agreement.

Just then Harry, Ron, Fred, and George came rushing into the living room large grins on all of their faces.

“We’ve got the perfect angel for the tree!” Fred announced and held up a fat golden angle with no hair.

“What is that?” Ginny asked appalled at what her brother was holding.

“An angel I spent twenty hardworking minutes to make.” George said defensively and took it from Fred. He walked over to the tree and levitated it to the top. The head of the angel brushed the ceiling.

“Perfect!” Ron exclaimed and bit back a laugh. Alison narrowed her eyes at the boys but let it go. Something was off about the angel and if it exploded Christmas morning she would not be a very happy person to deal with.

“That best not explode.” Ginny said reading Alison’s thoughts.

“Of course not dear sister,” George said.