Chapter Thirty Two

I was jostled awake by the vibrations of the Toyota car we had rented as we hit a bump in the road. My eyes opened to Noah glancing at me worriedly from where he drove.

"Sorry baby", he mouthed at me as I came to.

My Noah. So thoughtful. So gorgeous. My heart contracted at the way the sun caught him at the right angle, glistening on his blonde mane which was in a low ponytail for the drive and making his hazel eyes look like liquid caramel as he looked at me. How lucky was I to be here with him right now? To be his. He meant absolutely everything to me and I was so grateful.

I sat up straight in my seat and stretched out my arms, unable to suppress my tired yawn. We had been driving for what felt like an eternity.

"How long was I out for?" I asked Noah, blinking a couple of times to clear my still hazy vision.

"An hour give or take", Noah shrugged and glanced at me "You know, you're pretty cute when you're asleep" he gave me the once over and I blushed furiously like he was looking at me for the very first time "But I kind of missed your company"

"Oh really? You probably hit that rough patch in the road on purpose", I waggled my eyebrows mischievously at him.

He gave me a slow sexy smirk in return which made my heart speed up. "Maybe... Maybe not"

I smiled widely. I had caught the worried look on his face when I woke up; it just made me so happy that he cared about me so much.

"You don't fool me, mister", I leaned into him against the pull of my seatbelt and kissed his cheek deliberately slowly.

Noah made a throat clearing noise and gripped the steering wheel just a bit tighter. "Well, miss if you keep that up, I will pull this car over, lock you up in here and the journey to Tribune, Kansas will be that much longer"

"Well that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea", I whispered against his ear, feeling him shiver slightly and loving the fact that I could affect him like this. At least I wasn't the only one.

I pulled away from him with a laugh. "You should actually pull over, no joke. I'll take over the driving"

He raised a brow at me. "No way. You need to rest up while you can; you have a big emotional family reunion to get to and all"

"Seriously Noah, you've been driving for..." I held up my wrist and glanced at my watch "... Almost six hours now. You need to rest too"

"I rested at the stop at the gas station", Noah whined

"That was three hours ago"

"Well forgive me for wanting my newly acquired girlfriend to be stress-free", Noah shot me a delicious look as he said the word 'girlfriend'.

"Your newly acquired girlfriend would be happier if her newly acquired boyfriend would let her drive", when he turned to me I stuck my lip out and gave him my best pouty look. "Come on, please..."

Noah groaned and shook his head, turning the steering wheel to pull up at the side of the road. "Can anyone say no to that face?"

He brought the car to a stop and I hugged him, wrapping my arms about his neck. "You're awesome, you know that?" I dropped what was meant to be a short kiss on his lips but soon turned steamy as Noah's hand cupped my face holding me in place.

Before things got out of hand, Noah pulled away and smirked at me. "I know", he said and then opened the door to walk around to the other side of the car while I unbuckled my seatbelt and simply scooted over to the driver's side.