Chapter five

I had been working as Mr Stinson's personal assistant for about two weeks and I had to admit, though it wasn't what I had initially envisioned, it was definitely a learning experience. I typed memos, letters and sent out emails, I sat with him through his meetings and took notes, I delivered information to the guys working in other departments and got to see how the other side worked, and of course I got him coffee and attended to other personal needs. It wasn't a bad deal at all, aside from the constant side eye from Elena. Maya had gotten in the other week and she was so excited for me when we met up for lunch. Stinson & Co was the top of the league for her.

I was in a good frame of mind that Tuesday morning, and in no way did I ever expect to see him.

Noah.

He just walked into the office casually, and I swear my heart stopped beating in my chest. He was even more gorgeous than I remembered dressed casually in a green t-shirt and jeans as I looked at him with sober eyes. He glanced at me briefly as he strolled towards Mr Stinson's office and something in me sprang to life from my dazed state.

"Excuse me", I croaked, standing up to catch his attention. Those hazel eyes paused and regarded me. I cleared my throat. "You can't just go in there"

"Why not?" he asked coolly

I blinked. Was he for real? I was about coming up with a suitable reply when Elena breezed in from her five minute break that had spanned about thirty minutes.

"Noah!" Elena cooed. She walked up to him and gave him a hug, pressing up against him too aggressively in my opinion "It's been ages. Here to see your dad?"

His dad. I blinked again, the realization hitting me like a tidal wave.

 "Yeah, but she said I couldn't go in", he said looking at me "Is he in a meeting or something?" Elena regarded me like the pesky mosquito that wouldn't quit hovering around her life. "No he's not. Never mind Ellie, she's new"

He wouldn't stop looking at me. I averted my gaze. Did he even remember me? He certainly didn't behave like he did.

"That's alright", Noah finally said and then walked into Mr Stinson's office

"Ughhhh", I groaned and slumped back into my chair. What the hell was that all about?

"He's hot isn't he?" Elena asked, watching me as she settled into her desk

"What?"

"I see you. You want a slice of that Noah pie", she bit her lip as if she was remembering something "Well, better get in line sister"

I scoffed. "No, Elena that's not even..."

I was interrupted by the shrill ring of my desk phone. It was Mr Stinson calling.

"Yes, Ellie. Please come into my office for a moment" he said immediately I picked up. I set the receiver back into its cradle, got my spiral notebook and pen and went into his office.