Chapter Twenty Four

I was wrapped in the warmth of Noah's embrace before I knew what was coming. He was hugging me, and that made it much harder for me not to burst into a fountain of salty tears.

He pulled away and took my hand in his; leading me into his wonderfully warm house and shutting closed the front door.

"You don't suck and you're always welcome in my house, Ellenore", Noah said softly, his hazel eyes searching my teary blue ones. I hadn't told him what was wrong but he could see I was on the precipice of breaking down and he didn't push it any further.

"Thank you, Noah" I sniffed at him.

"Your hands are trembling", he informed me like I didn't already know "I should get you something to drink. Is coffee okay?"

"Coffee is great, but I think I could use some of the hard stuff right now", I looked straight at him when saying this, my words loud and clear so he knew I was dead serious.

He only raised a brow at me. "You want liquor?"

"Yes", I tried to be brave "That's what it's for right? Drown your sorrows? Make you forget?"

"Ellie..."

"Noah, please" I begged him. I had to look up into his eyes because if I looked any lower, I wouldn't be able to stop looking at his perfect torso. I was suffering from a swirling black hole of emotions and Noah could definitely pick out the desperation because he just nodded, "Okay", he said

I felt a touch of triumph for the first time that night even if it meant turning to Noah who I had sworn off of and getting him to enable me. But I couldn't even think of that right now, I had bigger problems. Mountain sized problems.

Still holding my hand in his, he led me into his living room. So far from what I had seen of his apartment, it was spectacular, the insides even more beautiful than outside. He had great taste and when money wasn't a big deal, it could get you living in lavish apartments like this one.

Noah all but laid me back on his pale blue couch with an almost clinical touch.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll be right back", he told me and subsequently disappeared.

I took a deep breath, running my hands over my face and I settled back into his couch. My mind was a jumbled up mess, I didn't know what to think anymore. So I decided not thinking would be the best.

Noah returned a second later. He had put on a black t shirt over his pyjama bottoms, which made me pout a little and was carrying a bottle of red wine and two wine glasses.

I raised my brow at him as he sat down beside me and handed me a glass.

"Is this your idea of booze, Noah?"

"Well", he uncorked the bottle and poured some into my glass "It was either this or beer and honestly, you don't look like you can handle beer"

"What?" I scoffed and took a sip. It felt so good. "I can so handle beer. That's all they serve at frat parties"

"You're telling me you've been to frat parties", Noah leaned back and smirked at me

"No. I'm telling you I can handle beer", I took a bigger sip and Noah was quiet for a while. I looked over my glass at him and he was watching me intently.

"What?" I asked him

"Why did you show up at my door crying, Ellie?" he finally asked

I took a deep breath, the painful memories trickling back in and I tried closing my eyes to shut it off but it was no use. "I umm... I ahh..." I let out a frustrated groan "I'm sorry, I really don't want to talk about it"