Chapter eighteen

I did manage to stay away from Noah for three whole days, as per Shannon's request before the inevitable happened. I was in Mr Stinson's office polishing up the notes I had been taking for him in a just concluded meeting when Elena came in followed by a very beautiful woman looking like she was in her mid forties but with such a banging body, you might mistake her for someone in her early thirties.

"Mr Stinson", Elena called out in her rarely used courteous voice "Mrs Stinson is here to see you"

Ahh, Noah's step mom, the raging bitch.

"Darling!" she cooed, her voice dripping with too much affection, in my opinion.

I swear Mr Stinson's face lit up like a Christmas tree. It would be hard not to, if you had such a smoking hot wife.

He stood up from his big CEO chair and went over to meet her, his arms slipping about her as they shared a brief kiss.

"Ellie, I don't think you've met my wife before. Grace, this is Ellie, my new assistant. She's been quite a help around here", Mr Stinson said to his wife while gesturing at me

I uncrossed my legs and stood up, pleased at Mr Stinson's remarks. I walked over to them and held out my hand to her, "It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am"

She eyed my held out hand scornfully. "Don't call me ma'am"

Okay... "Oh sorry ma'am... I mean Mrs Stinson". When she made no effort to accept my outstretched hand, I lowered it back down and pretended to wipe it against my jeans. I could see Elena's shoulders shaking as she snickered before she departed the office.

I went over to gather my notes and leave but I couldn't help but hear some of their conversation.

"Honey, what brings you here? You rarely visit me at the office", Mr Stinson said to his wife

She tugged on the lapels of his suit. "Well, I wouldn't say this is a visit per say. I came to get you"

"Get me?" Mr Stinson's brows furrowed in confusion

"Yes, honey. We're having lunch with the Goldbergs today, remember?"

"I thought that was supposed to be tomorrow", Mr Stinson said "Ellie check my itinerary, when am I supposed to have lunch with the Goldberg's?"

I brought out my phone and opened up Mr Stinson's itinerary. "Lunch with the Goldbergs. Tomorrow, sir, 2 pm"

I looked up to find Mrs Stinson glaring at me like I had done something wrong aside from following my orders.

"Well baby, you know I have that trip to Napa over the weekend so I shifted it to today so I'd have time to prepare. I thought you wouldn't mind"

Mr Stinson scratched his chin. "Ah well I think I was supposed to..." but he was interrupted by Noah barging into the office. My heart did a little flip as his gorgeous face came into view, it felt like it had been forever since I had seen him last.

Noah stopped by his dad, he looked pissed.

"I heard you were here, Grace. Had to come see what you were up to"

"Noah, darling", her bright red lips parted in a faux smile "You hardly come for family dinners anymore, you should give your step mom a call sometime"

Noah ignored her and turned to Mr Stinson. "Dad, are you ready?"

"Yes, he's ready", Mrs Stinson spoke up "To have lunch with me and the Goldbergs"

"What?!" Noah looked infuriated as hell "Dad, we're going to the cemetery. Today is the tenth anniversary of mom's death, remember? Nate is already on his way there"