Chapter Twenty Eight

Hi guys... Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've been really crazy busy lately and plus, the dreaded writer's block. I just felt really sad because I wanted to write but I just couldn't. Thanks to @kyavhill and @sham2002 for sticking with me and asking for updates. Really inspired me to push past the block and get back to Ellie's story. Hope you enjoy the chapter guys!

I had finally arrived in Aspen and I couldn't believe it was actually better than I had imagined. Everything had been great so far, from the super comfy first class flight experience to now touching down and seeing the magnificence of Aspen from the luxurious car that was now transporting us to the five star hotel we would be lodging in for the rest of our stay.

Not trying to say that I had forgotten all about my home troubles, but I had talked it out with my mom to some extent where I could at least understand her reason for doing what she did and begin the process of forgiving her and trusting her again. Maya, on the other hand would still not speak to me. I think this was the longest period of time throughout our friendship that we hadn't spoken. It really hurt me a lot and I just wished she would forgive me and we could go back to the way we always had been.

I just wanted things to be right again and I hoped this trip would spur me on to take back control of my life. Speaking of my life being out of control, I actually hadn't seen Noah in a while. I heard that he and his dad had taken a private jet and were already at the hotel in Aspen. Sure, Elena turned out not to be a totally unpleasant travel companion but I would have liked the opportunity to talk to him after the night I spent at his place and see where we were at.

Sure we had talked a lot... and I mean a lot on the phone recently but it wasn't the same as seeing him. Watching those hazel eyes light up when he smiled. Breathing him in.

Okay this was getting a tad stalker-ish. I needed to get a grip.

"OMG Ellie! We're here!" Elena said from beside me, her voice as excited as I had ever heard it.

I snapped out of my reverie and back into reality at the sound of her voice and leaned forward in my seat to gaze out the window of the black Range Rover we were riding in.

The Grand Regis Hotel stood magnificent and proud before us. It was truly one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen, from the gorgeous landscape to the decadent architecture and I couldn't believe out of my mess of a life right now, I had actually made my way here.

Before I knew what was happening, Elena grabbed my hand and was pulling me out of the car. I stumbled a bit before I regained my balance next to Elena who was ooh-ing and ahh-ing at everything in sight through her pair of designer sunglasses.

I followed her line of sight and I couldn't help but be in awe of everything. It was surreal that I would actually be staying here for the next few days.

"Ladies", our chauffeur came up to us carrying both our bags like they weighed nothing at all. Well, mine probably weighed nothing. Elena's looked like she was moving to Aspen.

I thanked him while Elena immediately started towards the entrance of the hotel wheeling her suitcase behind her. I followed behind her, feeling a mix of emotions. I really wished I could call Maya up right now and tell her how amazing this place was, but she probably wouldn't pick up. I wished badly she was here with me right now and I had never said those horrible things to her, we would have probably taken a dozen pictures each in front of each and every fountain gracing the courtyard.

I trailed behind Elena into the lobby of the hotel. I would probably run out of adjectives trying to describe how beautiful the interior was. Elena was practically glowing in delight and once I got close to her, she pulled me in for a series of selfies.