Chapter fifteen

I was still at my desk, about rounding up from work when my phone rang. It was Rob.

"Hey", I picked up on first ring

"Hi, beautiful", his husky tone came back to me almost immediately and I couldn't help but smile "What are you doing now if I may ask?"

"Uhh... I'm actually just finishing with some work at the office. I'll be leaving soon", I also wanted to get the hell out of there before Noah returned, but Rob didn't need to know that.

"That's great!"he sounded like he was grinning "Because I'm at the reception of Stinson &Co. right now"

"What?"

"Well I was in the area and I decided to drive down and surprise you and we'd hang out", he explained

What was up with everyone and surprises today?

"Okay, that sounds good... Are we riding together 'cause I brought my car?"

"Well you could leave it at work, I'd be more than happy to drive you to work in the morning"

Aww, he was too sweet.

"Alright, I'll be down in a few", I said and ended the call.

In a few minutes, I had packed up and I headed down to the ground floor. Rob was charming the pants off Rosie by the look of things as I made my way towards the reception desk.

"Ellie!"Rosie beamed once she saw me "Why have you not introduced me to this cutie before?"

"That's because we onlyjust reconnected", I said smiling up at Rob as I got to his side. He pulled me in and pressed his lips to my temple.

"Well if I have my way, you'll be seeing me around here a whole lot more", he was talking to Rosie but was smiling down at me " You ready to leave, Ells?"

"Yeah"I nodded then turned to Rosie "Goodnight Rosie"

"Have fun, guys", Rosie called out

I was following Rob towards the entry of the building when suddenly the doors opened and Shannon stepped in followed closely by Noah.

I shut my eyes closed momentarily. I had hoped to avoid this.

"Ellie! I'm so glad we didn't miss you", Shannon reached forward and hugged me like we were best friends rather than just meeting this morning. She pulled away and regarded Rob appreciatively "Is this your boyfriend?"

Noah stepped forward just then, his hazel eyes stormy with some emotionI couldn't place my finger on.

"Yeah, is he your boyfriend Ellie?"

"Uh..."I couldn't seem to find the right words but then Rob took my hand in his as if claiming me.

"Ex actually", he kissed the back of my hand and smiled at me "But I think we're getting back there"

I couldn't look at Noah because I was sure his hazel glare would burn me, and Rob straight to the ground.

"Aww that's so cute", Shannon cooed "Well where are you guys going? Somewhere romantic?"

Rob looked from her to me. "Well I thought I'd take Ellie bowling tonight"

"Bowling? Oh that sounds like so much fun", she gazed up endearingly at Noah " Could we tag along with you guys? This guy hasn't taken me bowling in ages"

What the...

"Like a double date?"Rob asked, he sounded like he didn't mind the idea.

Oh hell no.

"Umm I don't know if I'm much up to bowling, Rob. I'm kind of tired", I half yawned to prove my point

"Yeah babe", Noah interjected "Wouldn't you rather it be just the two of us for your first night here?"

"Oh no, babe. C'mon it'll be so much fun", Shannon said all excited

"Yeah Ellie let's show them what we're made of", Rob said, his eyes sparkling. The thought of competition excited him to no end.

I looked at Noah and he looked as defeated as I felt. There was no way of getting out of this without raising some sort of suspicion and we both knew it.

"Well... Okay"I acquiesced and Shannon all but squealed.

"Alright. Let's get going guys", Rob called out to us and we all filed out of the building after him.

And so the night of torture began.

A/N: Okay my bad guys. Really short chapter because I messed up and forgot to include this in the last one. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Votes,comments and shares all welcome lol. Xoxo