Still (S04E12) Part 2

Start from the beginning

"How do you know this game?" Daryl asked. "My friends played. I watched." She responded. "Okay, I'll start. I've never shot a bow before... So now you two drink." She said. You and Daryl grabbed your jars and took a sip. "Ain't much of a game?" Daryl said.

"That was a warm-up. Now you go." She said, indicating you go. "I've never met my mother." You said, Daryl drank. You looked at Daryl, indicating he was next. "I don't know." He said. "Just say the first thing that pops into your head." Beth said. "I've never been out of Georgia." He said. "Okay, good on." She said picking up her glass.

"I've never been drunk and did something I regretted." She said. You and Daryl took a swig. "I've done a lot of things. I've never been in one place for too long." You said. They both drank. "Your turn." You said looking at Daryl.

"I've never been on vacation." He said. "What about camping?" Beth asked. "No, that was just something I had to learn to hunt." He said. "Your dad teach you?" She asked. "Mm-hmm."

"Okay." She said, as you and her picked up your glasses and drank. "I've never been in jail. I mean as a prisoner." She continued. Daryl stared at her, "Is that what you think of me?" "I didn't mean anything serious. I just thought, you know, like the drunk tank. Even my dad got locked up for that back in the day." She defended. "Drink up." He said.

"Wait, prison guard. Were you a prison guard before?" she asked. "No." He looked at her. "It's your turn again." She said looking at you. "I'll pass for this round." You said, as Daryl stood up. "I'm gonna take a piss." He walked over to the corner of the shack.

As he was walking, he purposefully dropped his jar causing a loud shatter. "You have to be quiet." You said softly.

"Can't hear you! I'm taking a piss!" He yelled. "Daryl, don't talk so loud." Beth said. "What, are you two my chaperones now?" He said. He turned around, "Oh, wait. It's my turn, right? I've never-never eaten frozen yogurt. Never had a pet pony. Never got nothing from Santa Claus. Never relied on anyone for protection before. Hell, I don't think I've ever relied on anyone for anything." Daryl said loudly, to Beth.

"Daryl." Beth said, trying to apologize. "Never sung out in front of a big group out in public like everything was fun. Like everything was a big game. I sure as hell never cut my wrists looking for attention." The walker outside got louder. "Sounds like our friend out there is trying to call all of his buddies." He said kicking a can.

"Daryl, just shut up." You said getting angry of his angry drunkenness. He walked over to the wall and grabbed his crossbow off of the wall. "Hey, you never shot a crossbow before? I'm gonna teach you right now. Come on. It's gonna be fun." He said, grabbing Beth's arm and kicking the door open. "We should stay inside." You tried to convince him.

"Daryl, cut it out!" Beth said. "Daryl!" You said. The three of you walked over to where the walker was. "Dumbass. Come here dumbass." Daryl said, shooting an arrow to stick him to a tree. "Daryl." Beth said. You watched from a far. From what you've gathered these past few weeks is that, Daryl does not like to be told what to do. So you let him do what was necessary. You just made sure he didn't hurt Beth.

"You want to shoot?" He said nudging her forward. "I don't know how." "Oh it's easy. Come here. Right corner." He said shooting at the walker. "Let's practice later." You suggested, calmly. "Come on, it's fun." He said, setting up the crossbow for the next shot. "Just stop it. Daryl!" Beth begged once again. "Come here." He said, putting his arm around her neck.

"Eight ball." He said, shooting another one. "Just kill it!" She begged. "Come here, Greene. Let's pull these out. Get a little more target practice." He said, walking over to the decomposing thing. Beth marched behind him and stabbed the walker between the eyes.

"What the hell you do that for? I was having fun." He yelled. "No, you were being a jackass. If anyone found my dad..." "Don't. That ain't remotely the same." "Killing them is not supposed to be fun." "What do you want from me, girl, huh?!" "I want you to stop acting like you don't give a crap about anything. Like nothing we went through matters. Like none of those people we lost meant anything to you. It's bullshit!"

"Is that what you think?" "That's what I know." "You don't know nothing." "I know that you look at me and you just see another dead girl. I'm not Michonne. I'm no Carol. I'm not Maggie. I've survived and you don't get it cause I'm not like you or them. But I made it and you don't get to treat me like crap just because you're afraid."

"I ain't afraid of nothing." "I remember. When that little girl came out of the barn, after my mom. You were like me. And now god forbid you ever let anybody get too close." "Too close, huh? You'd know all about that. You lost two boyfriends, you can't even shed a tear. Your whole family's gone, and all you can do is just go out looking for booze like some dumb college bitch."

"Screw you. You don't get it." "No you don't get it! Everyone we know is dead!" "You don't know that!" "Might as well be 'cause you ain't ever gonna see them again. Rick. You ain't ever gonna see Maggie again." "Daryl just stop." She tried to grab his arm. He flung her off and turned around. "No! The governor rolled right up to our gates. Maybe if I would've stopped looking. Maybe cause I gave up. That's on me. " "Daryl..." "No. and your dad. Maybe... maybe I could've done something." Beth ran up behind him and put her arms around him. He started to cry. It brought you to your knees, literally. -

~~~~

Don't be a silent reader!! VOTE/COMMENT/SUGGEST/SHARE.

-Thanks, Shaide <3

UPDATED 12/24/15 at 9:14PM