Chapter 27

Abby's POV

All the boys sprinted to the stage. Whoever got there first got microphones. Shawn stayed back and talked to me about tonight's show.

"What song are you thinking for sound check?"

"Umm maybe stronger."

"Kelly Clarkson good choice. Now you are going to do a solo to try it out. If you end up liking it you can do it at the show tonight okay?"

"Okay."

"Now, I believe in you. You can do this. Guys I want to practice a new song give me the microphone!" He screamed over all the shenanigans going on.

"Fine Shawn, way to ruin the fun." Screeched Carter.

Timorous energy filled my body. As I went up on the stage I trembled a bit.

"Abby are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Shawn started to strum chords. There is no going back now.

"You know the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here alone
You know I dream in colour
And do the things I want
You think you got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
Just me, myself and I
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
You heard that I was starting over with someone new
They told you I was moving on over you"

I poured my heart into the lyrics. It's easy to do that for me. I can relate to this song, standing up to my bullies. I don't want to perform and that's that. I want to be the best of the best.

As I finished up three people were running out of the room into the backstage area. The other 9 in the room  are howling and smacking their hands together as hard as humanly possible. I am really proud of myself.

Hayes POV

This is all my fault. If I wasn't such a douche and caught up in wanting to be more popular and date kayla all of this wouldn't have been a problem. When Abby came here I wanted to be her friend more like best friend, maybe even date. Matt beat me to do that, besides she won't even talk to me.

I know this song is directed towards me. How I, kayla, Carter, Kayla's friends bullied her.

I could help but cry. I ran to the bathrooms behind the stage dragging Carter along with me. All attention was on us, at least it felt that way. Pretty soon Nash was chasing after us. Abby kept singing, I don't blame her. Why pay any attention to me after
everything I said to her.

"Dude what was that all about?"

"Carter are you blind? Can you not tell that song was about us. Everything we said to her. If we weren't caught up in popularity and wanting to date kayla and her friends would this be happening? Let me spare you the answer, no."

"Oh my god, Hayes you are right. We need to fix this, we need to fix it right now."

...

Abby's POV

I'm nervous for the show, and there is no denying it. Shawn and I are going to do a duet later on in the event. 

"I want to welcome everyone to today's show. I'm Mahogany Lox and today with me I have Nash Grier! Cameron Dallas! Matt Espinosa! Taylor Caniff! Jack Gilinsky! Jack Johnson! Shawn Mendes! Aaron Carpenter! Carter Reynolds! Hayes Grier! Jacob Whitesides! And a very special guest Abby Wilkinson!"

We all walked out together. All the fans were screaming the boys names. The show had upbeat vibes and blasting music.

All the girls were screaming, lipgloss came on. I was just taught this dance today. I thought it was pretty fun. Mahogany came over and danced with me.

"Let's have some q and a time." Jack announced. "You right in the front blonde hair with a Magcon shirt."

"My question is for you. Would you ever date a fan?"

"Maybe, she can't be super obsessed with me and the same age."

"My question is for Matt. Do you love Abby?"

"Of course I do." The crowd awed and booed.

"My question is for Shawn. When is your album coming out?"

"Its coming out this year."

"My question is for Abby. Your voice is really good. Are you going to make an ep?"

"Thank you and I might have to start working on one."

"My question is for Matt. Can you not see through Abby? She is just a slut wanting attention." I'm not letting this girl get to me.

"Listen here you need to keep your mouth shut. You know nothing about Abby and her past. All you know is that I love her and this is no fake relationship."

"If you're going to be an unsupportive fan I recon you leave right this second. Abby is my daughter and I'm going to be with her until the day I die. She is no form of slut and she doesn't care about the fame or attention."

................
Slay jack and Matt slay. I wish I had a voice and could sing. Comment if you can or can't sing. Please vote and comment. Check out my Twitter hesmyhubby