Chapter 17

Matt's POV

Today is Christmas Eve, me and the guys always have a Christmas party. This year is going be a little more mellow and less people are coming. Skate, Sammy, the Dolan twins, Brent Rivera, and Dillion.

Abby wasn't one to socialize, she was sitting on the couch tweeting something.

@abbygilinsky: help! Tons of people are coming over... I don't like people.....

The door bell rang as on cue. All the boys came inside. The rest of the boys and mahogany greeted them at the door. Madison was crabby and was taking a nap with Dylan. Brent sat down next to Abby.

"Who is this beautiful girl and what is we doing all alone?"

"Hi I'm Abby,"

"She's my girlfriends Rivera."

"Oh, okay."

"She's jacks kid too. I wouldn't touch her if I were you."

"Jack got a girl pregnant when he was two? Quite the fxckboy."

"No dumbass I adopted her."

Brooke came running down stairs and hid in Abby's shirt. She didn't like people either I remember the first night Brooke came here.

Abby's POV

Brooke came running down the stairs and hid her face in my shirt. Brooke is so like me. She hates being around people, especially crowds of strangers. She was exactly this way when she first got here.

Flashback

I wrapped her up in a nice fuzzy warm blanket and took her downstairs. She hid herself in the blanket and my chest.

"The boys are nice, I promise. You will say hello to them and then you get a bottle."

I took her to Matt first. He played with her a little and got her to come out of her shell. I walked away and she hid again. The process went on until I got to dad. She cried and would not stop. I don't know what is going on. Matt came over and played peek a boo. I left to fix her a bottle. She cried, screamed, and slapped Matt.

"Brooke no hitting. Now what's wrong?"

"Mommy mommy mommy," she sniffled.

"It's okay Brooke. I'm right here. Sorry Matt."

Flashback over

"It's okay don't worry they are all nice."

"Where is Matty? I want to watch frozen with you and Matty."

"Matt come watch frozen with me and Brooke."

"Okay I coming babe."

"Now who is she?"

"She is my kid."

"Wow."

"Shut up you don't need to judge me. To let you know it wasn't my choice, I was raped."

The room went dead silent. Nobody knew what to say and I don't blame them. It is an awkward situation.

....

"I want to introduce you to everyone this is Grayson and Ethan Dolan. They are the Dolan twins. This is Dillion. This is Nate you can call him skate if you want and finally we have Sammy."

"Sammy, is that you?"

"Abby?"

"Oh my god I thought I would never see you again."

"I missed you like crazy."

I ran into his arms. I latched my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. It was the best feeling in the world. Seeing the one person in my family who is still alive and I haven't seen for ten years. I could barley process what was happening right in front of me.

"What happening I'm so confused." Matt announced.

"I think we all are." Added Brent.

"You know how I was telling you about my older brother Sammy? Well, this is the Sammy that is my older brother."

"Holy shit Abby, this is amazing. I'm so happy for the both of you. The world is so small."

....

"Who knew your brother would get more attention then me, your boyfriend."

"Oh my god Matt shut up."

"Hey, hey, hey, I was kidding. Spend time with your brother you haven't seen him in ten years."

I was snuggled up to Sammy's chest with a blanket over us. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want to let go. Brooke was sleeping against me. 

It's crazy how things can feel so bad and it's not going to get better and you have no hope it's going to get better. It slowly gets better one thing at a time.

Christmas is truly the best time of the year.

............

Sammy and Abby I think are so cute. How are you liking the book so far? Please vote and comment. Check out my Twitter hesmyhubby