Chapter 16

Abby's POV

It's Christmas, my favorite time of the year. As a kid I loved being with family, all the food, and of course the presents. On the other hand, once I got to the orphanage Christmas wasn't celebrated. I tried my hardest to make Christmas special for Brooke, this year I know it will be special.

Today is a Sunday, so the house is generally quiet and pretty lazy. I come down the stairs and the house is transformed. Matt and Brooke are putting a imitation snow type thing all around the house. Mahogany and Jacob are assembling a Christmas village thing. They are so cute together. Cameron, Johnson, Shawn, Nash, Hayes, Taylor, and Aaron were decorating the tree.

"Good morning babe."

"Good morning Matt."

"Mommy, guess what?"

"What?!"

"We get to have Christmas this year and we won't get in trouble!"

"Yes that's right Brooke! Are you excited?"

"Yes I'm so excited!"

"Abby would you like to come with me and Brooke to see Santa?"

"Of course, I would love too."

...

"What do you want for Christmas sweetie?"

"I want daddy for Christmas."

"I don't know if I can do that. Would you want a puppy or a doll?"

"I really want daddy, but if you can't get my daddy I want a puppy I guess."

I should have known that she would have said that. She is being so mature for her age, for crying out loud she is three and doesn't have a dad. I need to do something about that, I just don't know what I can do.

"Abby come on Brooke is done lets go home now. I need to talk to you when she goes to bed."

"Okay."

....

"Brooke is in bed now, and I have something to tell you and it's going to explode out of me pretty soon. I'm going to give Brooke what she really wants, I want to be her dad. It would be a dream to call her my daughter and be able to hear her little high pitched squeaky voice call me daddy."

"Matt, I, I'm at a loss for words. I think that would be perfect. I mean you are already like a dad for her and she loves you so much. Matt what if we break up? I mean what will happen to you guys?"

"I plan on getting married Abby, so we shouldn't have a problem there."

Matts POV

Abby's eyes were going to about pop out of her eyes. I look down at the floor for just a second with anxiousness. Tears brimmed Abby's eyes.

"Abby's what's wrong your supposed to be happy not crying."

"No one has ever made a total commitment to me, told me they loved me, done anything nice to me, been a father to my child soon to be children it's only about seven months left."

"Abby I will make a commitment to you and the kids until the day I die, I will tell you I love you everyday until I die, and I will never ever leave you or the kids. Abby, if I ever break this promise you have permission to shoot me in the head."

"Matt, I would never do that."

"You have my permission. Now let's get a bit less serious how many kids do you want?"

"I want two or three maybe four, it all depends."

"Oh, I was kinda thinking twenty five and a half. We need to compromise I think twenty five and a half would be the best."

"Oh Matt, what am I going to do with you."

"Where would be your dream trip?"

"I don't know, maybe Australia or somewhere nice in Europe."

"That sounds really cool. I would have picked Australia or maybe a tropical island."

"That would be so cool. I remember as a little kid watching tv shows and hearing my parents talk about traveling the world. I want to follow in their foot steps."

"Tell me when this is getting to much, but did or do you have any siblings?"

"I did I had a younger sister, Melissa, she died in the crash. I have a older brother, Sammy, we fought a lot when we were younger. He is still alive I think, he didn't die in the crash. We have been separated after the crash and haven't seen him since. I've always wondered what he's like or where he is."

..........

Hey that update was pretty quick. Tomorrow-Monday I'm going to be in DC. I plan to write on the plane a lot so expect some updates. I will update before I leave maybe once during then afterwards. Please vote and comment. Check out my Twitter hesmyhubby