Tough Love

"Sup Brook." The bodyguard , Erin , greeted me .

"Sup." I sent an innocent smile .

He unlocked the door then let me in . I felt his eyes roam my back side .

"Wassup Brook." One of Hisan's workers called out .

"Wassup. What's your name?" I wanted to know all of his worker's names .

"Gem." He pronounced .

"Alright Gem." I giggled . I hope these mother fuckers don't think I'm flirting with them .

Music played throughout the trap house and I was feeling the beat . It really got me in the zone when the scent of weed touched my nose . I strolled down the hall swaying my hips side to side . Taking in the details that was placed on the dirty peeled walls . This place is truly old . I really recommend my brother to fix this or move elsewhere .

I suddenly heard a baby cry . I stopped in my tracks then looked to my left and noticed a door was slightly open . I took it upon myself to investigate . I went inside and spotted a girl rocking back and forward in the corner . Her hair laid lifelessly on her shoulders . I heard her sniffling and the baby's cries deceased .

"Hey." I spoke loudly .

She started to remind me of that girl off the 'Grudge' or 'Mama' . The way she shook scared me .

"Hey. You're okay?" I said .

It's like she refused to say anything to me . I watched as she held the baby close . Just when I was about to turn to leave her to herself she began to speak .

"I'm sorry." She croaked . I turned around and frowned .

"What?"

"I tried .. to .. prot-tect him." She said .

I slowly walked to face her . My eyes widened when her face came to view .

"Arielle!" I gasped . I kneeled down to her level and embraced her . Her baby was covered in blood . It's possible that it's her blood .

On the side of her face , her flesh was hanging . Dried blood was surrounding her mouth and nose . Her hair was matted in the front as if someone continuously pull it . If you looked carefully , you could see a bald spot near her edges . Her eyes were bloody red while blackness surrounded the outside .

She shook as she held her child . I closed my eyes for a brief second to take in her appearance . After all the years of my abuse , I never looked this bad . For the first time in a long time , I felt a little sympathy .

"Arielle , you want to know something?" I whispered to her .

She gazed at me .

"I don't blame you . I'm not mad at you . I'm actually proud of you . You haven't allowed him to kill my nephew because if that was the case ," I chuckled , "You would've been too." I smiled .

She started to stare off into the ceiling , silently shedding tears .

I stood up off the ground and walked away from her .

"Gem." I stood at the doorway waiting on him to answer . He came around the corner .

"Get her some help." I ordered .