Complicated

Everyone been so worried about Amber but I've been occupied with my newborn nephew . He was now peacefully sleeping in the incubator . You couldn't really see his features of who he may look like so I'm gone have to wait till he gets from out of this thing .

"TeeTee baby so handsome." I cooed as I played with his small fragile fingers .

"Ms. Rivera?"

"Yes?"

"Before your sister slept , she stated that she wants you to name the baby and she wishes to see you when you're done."

"Okay."

--

I took the elevator to room 22B . I slowly crept open the heavy wooden door .

I reluctantly walked in and watched Amber sleeping awkwardly . She had a tube placed through her nose . The only noise that was peering through the room was the peeping noise from the heart monitor .

I went ahead and sat in the chair next to her bed .

She's recognizable but she still had bruises and a set of stitches above of her left eyebrow.

Seeing her in this state broke my heart but at the same time , she been avoiding me . I only want to know one thing . Why?

I grabbed the remote from underneath her arm . She always do that when she's sleeping just to keep people from changing the channel .

She was watching SpongeBob but I changed it to Animal Planet.

"You're such a nerd." She weakly stated . Her voice was hoarse and I could tell she barely had the energy to speak .

"Problem?" I sarcastically asked .

She lightly chuckled but it turned into deadly coughing .

"Shit . You're okay?" I stood up and ran to her side .

"I'm fine." She said barely above a whisper .

"Who did this to you Amber?"

She stared cautiously into my eyes .

"Was it the baby's father?"

She nodded .

"Who?" I asked sternly .

She slightly moved her mouth to swallow her saliva .

"Is she awake?" My momma came into the room with some flowers .

I grew impatient .

Momma placed a kiss on Amber's cheek . She then placed the flowers on the table next to the hospital's phone .

"How's my baby?"

"I'm fine momma." I zoned them out as I began to stare off into space .

"How's my grand baby?"

"He's fine." I answered for Amber .

They both begin to glare at me .

"What?" I said confusingly .

"What did you name him?" They both ask in unison

"Bracen Trayvon Rivera." I smiled .

"I love it." Amber said as she begin to shed a tear .

"Me too baby."

"I'm signing the birth certificate." Mom demanded

Amber and I laughed , "No mom."

She rolled her eyes .

"Ma , where's the boys and dad?" I haven't seen dad in awhile and the boys always end up disappearing .