Was It Love..

After the announcement that my mother had given us , I've been thinking deeply on life . Like why things continuously gets worser for me . First the shit with Jermaine , my sister , Marion , and now my mom.

I just don't understand . What did I do to deserve this ?

My thoughts were interrupted from rapid beeping from the cars behind me . I didn't realize that the light has turn green .

I was on my way to Denny's to get me something to eat . I had Bracen with me. I made a mental note to see Amber later on today.

As I parked my car in a parking spot , I read a few text messages from my pops ( Mr Limpsey ) . I pushed my phone into my coat pocket as I went to grab Bracen's car seat and his diaper bag . I hurriedly covered his face from the harsh cold winds with his thick material blanket .

I used my foot to pushed the car door closed and pressed the button on the car keys to lock them .

I semi jogged inside the building as I carried Bracen .

"Welcome back." Arielle greeted me .

"Hey girly." I cheerfully smiled .

"You're alone?"

"Yea."

"Follow me." She gestured me to follow her to a small table in the corner of the restaurant .

"Can I start you off with a drink?"

"Yea . Pink lemonade."

She wrote down my order and walked away to give me time to make a decision on what I want to eat .

I sat Bracen right next to me and took the blanket off his car seat . He was sleeping peacefully . I took my phone out of my coat pocket and begin to respond to Mr.Limpsey.

"You're ready to order?" I was interrupted by a friendly voice . I looked up and Arielle was patiently waiting on a response.

"Awe yea Arielle."

"I can't believe you remembered my name." She shyly giggled

"Yea . I told you it's a pretty name."

"Yea . Is this your baby?" She asks as she turned her attention to Bracen .

"Nah , he's my nephew."

"He's handsome. He almost looks like the man you were sitting here with the other day."

When she said that , I paused . I took a long glance at Bracen and surely he had Jermaine's nose and lips . Even his skin tone has darken a little . As if Bracen could sense me staring at him , he slowly opened his eyes . His eyes resembles mines but if you look deeply into them , they look like Jermaine's .

"Um , can I sit with you?" She said breaking up the tension that was building .

I cleared my throat , "Yea . Sure." I said quickly looking at Bracen once again as I unbuckled the latches from the car seat .

She sat across from me and sat her notepad down .

"Excuse my manners , what's your name?"

"Brooklyn." I weakly smiled .

"Um . You know the man you was with almost burned this place down when he found out that you left." She nervously laughs .

"Seriously?" I asked flabbergasted .