Childish Codes

I rushed to retrieve Bracen . He was screaming in pain . I didn't know what to do . I rushed him to the kitchen and sat him in the sink . I turned on the cold water and rubbed it along his legs and stomach .

"I'm sorry." I cried to him .

Bracen continuously cried ,"Ma!"

Hisan's workers just stood aside and laughed .

"What the fuck is funny?!" I yelled at them .

A few of them licked their lips at the sight of my body .

I picked him up and carried him into my room where Fame was still sleeping . I got my cocoa butter from my overnight bag and rubbed it along his body .

He kept pushing me hand away so I left it alone and cried .

All I could think about is are we going to be saved .

Just then my iPhone started to ring . I reached and grabbed it from the nightstand . It was Brooklyn trying to FaceTime . Nothing but joy leaped through my heart .

I hurriedly answered it .

"Artttt!!!" She cheered .

"Brook! Where the fuck you been?" I cried to her .

"What's wrong ? Turn your light on I can barely see you! Is that Bracen crying? What the fuck is going on?!"

Before I could reach the light switch , a sharp blade was held against my neck . I gasped .

"Art!" Brooklyn yelled in frustration .

"U-um." I stuttered .

"Bitch turn on the light!"

"I-I can't . I'm ugly asf right now girl." I laughed nervously .

"Arielle , tell me--let me see Bracen."

"Girl , you know this purple cat been dodging." I chuckled .

"What bitch? Stop stalling!" I tried my best to use code that we came up with a couple months back . I just hope she remembers . Even though it's childish , it could give her a hint or even help .

"Wiz Khalifa and his cat duh."

She paused and then she hung up .

"The fuck was that about?" Daniel ask .

"Cats." I mumbled . He snickered and then pushed me forward causing the blade to cut me slightly on my neck .

"Oops." He smirked .

Brooklyn

"You talked to my baby?" Hisan asks as he walked into the living room joining me.

"What the fuck is a purple cat? When did wiz Khalifa get a cat?" I asked him .

"What?"

"Arielle was talking about a purple cat or some shit I don't know . The freaking call had dropped."

"Call back." He said .