Ohana

A month later

I woke up bright and early on today . It's the beginning of February and it's chilly outside . Im surprisingly in a good mood only because my nephew and my little sister is coming home today . They will be living with me since I have an extra room.

I'm so excited and grateful .

I grabbed the bag filled with Bracen's and Amber's clothes .I hurriedly put on my grey trench coat and grey boots . I snatched my car keys off the table and skipped out the house .

I just couldn't explain the mini anxiety attack I had before arriving at the hospital . I feel as if things are not going to go as planned but I want to stay positive .

As I entered through the automatic doors , I politely greeted the receptionist .

"Hello , How are you?"

"I'm great , how about you?" She genuinely smiles .

"I'm good." I smiled sheepishly . "Is Amber Rivera ready to come home?" I ask

She began to type away on her computer .

"Bracen Rivera is."

"W-what about my sister?" I begin to get worried .

"I'm not sure-"

She was suddenly interrupted by Amber's doctor.

"I got this." He nodded at her .

"May I speak with you?"

"Yes , sure." I nodded .

We begin to walk into the elevators as he went through some papers . I'm guessing they were Amber's file .

"Mrs.Rivera , Amber had made an indescribable decreasing matter on last night ."

He pressed the button to go on the second floor .

"What do you mean?"

"Her heartbeat dropped tremendously resulting her to be in a cardiogenic shock-"

"Woah , woah wait!" The elevator doors opened and we both stepped out . I turned to face him .

"Cardiogenic shock? How? She was fine for the past couple of months!"

"We're not sure how this occurred." Then there was a rapid pause . That scared me .

"Will she be okay?" I said softening my tone .

His jaw tighten as he sighed heavily .

"I promise that we will do everything in our power to save her." He said genuinely .

I didn't understand it at all . She was fine at first . She even started walking so how now when it's time for her to come home , things change .

"Also she's allowing you to take the baby home. We just need to sign some papers and he'll be yours-"

"How long until she can come home?"