Broken Promises

I spent the whole day with Amber . I actually had fun with her . It was just like old times .

We joke about each other then we talk about other people as they walked by . We was being childish but we didn't care .

Now it's past midnight . Time really snuck up on us .

As Amber pulled up into my driveway , I spotted Jermaine's car . It didn't phase me at all knowing that he's aware of where I been .

I hugged Amber and she kissed my cheek saying that we will need to do this again soon .

I agreed and exited her car .

I walked to the front door . I turned the knob and realized the door was unlock which is unusual . He would always keep the door locked no matter what .

I pushed the door open and nonchalantly walked in . The smell of weed and liquor instantly attacked my nose .

I closed the door and stood in the entrance .

I heard a couple of laughters which sound like it came from the television . So I knew he was upstairs , watching tv .

I sighed as I walked into the kitchen to grab my Oreos . On the kitchen counter , there were empty beer bottles and vodka sprawled about .

My plan tonight was to sleep on the couch to avoid an altercation with him .

I stood in the kitchen leaning on the counter eating my Oreos while I'm strolling on Instagram. Amber and I uploaded selfies of us having a good time .

We was really getting some likes .

As I'm reading the comments , I felt a presence in the atmosphere . I looked up and Jermaine was leaning on the door frame giving me a blank expression .

I didn't acknowledge him and continue doing what I was doing .

In a swift movement , my phone was no longer in my hand . It was placed behind me as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist .

Jermaine lifted me off my feet and placed me on the counter as he embraced me . He started landing soft kisses on my neck .

"I'm sorry Brook." He whispered .

I didn't return his gesture . I didn't say anything .

He pulled away a little taking the advantage to look into my eyes . I realized he was sober . His breath wasn't heavy with alcohol . His pale brown eyes were normal .

"What's up with the alcohol?" I asked in a dull tone .

"I had a couple of friends over . I didn't participate in the activity because my mind was too heavy thinking of you." He said in a pathetic tone .

I sighed .

"Brooklyn I promise I'll get better . This will stop . Once I see you walk down the alter ," he smiles , "everything will get better."

I heard this speech before . It's getting annoying to actually hear it over and over again .

"I just want to be happy." I said on the verge of tears.

"I will make that happen . I promise baby." He begin to wipe my tears away.

He passionately kissed my lips . His soft lips felt wonderful on mines . I love when he's like this . I love when he wants to make me feel wanted and love .

I cherish these moments because it'll be a while until he show any affection towards me again . It's rare for him to get in this mood .

He begins to ask for access with his tongue and I gladly let him in . He broke the kiss only to tell me , "I love you."

"I love you too baby." I grins .

We begin to kiss again as he picks me up from the counter . I wrapped my legs around his waist as my mind went into the zone . All my worries , all my frustrations went away .

It's only me and him . And that's all I ever wanted .

We finally made it upstairs . He gently laid me on the bed not breaking our kiss . He pulled away only to remove his shirt . I did the same as he removed my pants .

I pulled him close because I felt the need to feel his lips once again . I fumbled with his belt and he began to laugh .

"That's not funny." I giggles .

"Hold on baby." He smirks

He stood up and got out the bed to remove his pants . He started biting his bottom lip as he examined my body . I took that time and admire his chocolate toned body . It's so hypnotizing at times .

I blushed then suddenly looked down at my body . It's so ugly . All you see is bruises and scars . Two toned colors of purple and blue amongst my light skin .

Tears begin to form and Jermaine quickly came to my side .

"Baby I promise-"

I stopped him mid sentence ,"I heard enough Jermaine . Just make love to me please." I silently cried .

That's all I need right now . That's all I want . Nothing more , nothing less .

He starts to kiss me once again . I unfastened my bra then threw it across the room . He wasted no time pulling my panties off along with his boxers .

He positioned himself between my legs , kisses my forehead , then roughly ram himself into me .

"Jermaine!" I cried out in pain .

"Hush!" He growled

Not to mention this is our first time having sex in almost a year .

I instantly begin to cry . I knew he was enjoying every bit of it .

He quicken his pace which sent fire into my stomach . It hurts so fucking bad .

"Jermaine please stop!" I cried

He didn't listen . He continued to groan and moan in my ear .

So I took it upon myself and started to punch him . I knew I hit a nerve .

Suddenly I felt a rush of pain on my cheek and throat . He was continuously throwing punches at me .

I tried my hardest to block them .

"Turn over!" He growled .

He forcefully turned me on my stomach then picks my rear end up . He forcefully ram himself into me .

"STOP JERMAINE!" I pleaded .

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU WANT TO BLAME ME FOR YOUR BODY?? YOU SHOULDVE STOPPED BEING A NAGGING BITCH!!"

I just cried out in agony .

"NOW YOURE GETTING WHAT YOU DESERVE!" He spat out

My body went through so much . I just gave up right then and there . I let him do what he wanted . I didn't care anymore .