Turn Up .

"You need to get your ass out of this bed." Marion said as he threw a pillow at me .

"Leave me alone!" I growled as I buried myself underneath the covers .

"Come on baby . Why you're so down?" He asked worriedly .

"Nothing." I mumbled .

He sighed heavily and placed Bracen on the bed . He started to crawl to me as he laughed .

"Hey baby boy." I came from under the covers and placed him on my stomach . He sat up straight and begin to clap excitedly .

"When you gone give me my baby?"

I snapped my neck so fast , I felt it crack .

"Excuse me?" I questioned

He chuckled , "When you gone give me my baby? When you gone stop playing and be my wife forreal forreal?"

I bit my bottom lip as I thought of an excuse . Its not like I dont love him , it's just that I don't trust him . Not only that but I don't think it's the right time for all of that .

"Give it time , okay?" I turned to him .

He nodded his head and landed a kiss on my forehead . "I'll wait on you baby girl."

I smiled and watched him walk out of the room . I stood up as I held on to Bracen . I went into the kitchen to see Marion scanning through the cabinets .

I put Bracen into his high chair and poured some Froot Loops onto his tray . He begin to devour them .

I sat on the counter and watched Marion boil some water .

"Marion."

"Brooklyn." He said using the same tone as me.

I started to fiddle with my fingers .

"We need to talk."

"Does it have something to do with your family?" He asks suspiciously

I scrunched my face . "How did you figure?"

"That day you came home from visiting your sister , you haven't said nothing else about her or your peoples. Shit that was damn near four months ago. I'm not even sure if you been visiting them . Have you?" He turned to me .

I shook my head .

"So wassup?"

He started to pour pasta into the boiling water .

"Well , my family isn't really my family."

"What you mean?"

"My mom isn't my biological mom and my dad isn't my biological dad ."

"So it's just you and your sister?"

"Yea. They kept it as a secret for our entire lives-"

"Why you mad?"

"What?" I said offensively

"Brooklyn I understand that you are hurt by this and all but did they treat you and your sister any differently? Did they give you any ideas before that they weren't your parents?"