Chapter 24

I am woken up by my phone ringing. I groan and feel Lyric reach over me. He grabs my phone. "Hello?" He says groggily. 

"What the hell are you still doing in bed?"

"Danny. You're loud." He says.

Lyric sighs. "Yeah. That's better. Alright. Give us about two hours. Yeah. Bye." He lays my phone on the bed beside him and lays back down. "What was that about?" I ask quietly as I lay on his chest. He wraps his arm around my waist.

"Danny is freaking out."

"Why?"

"I don't know... All I could understand was that his dad called him and-" He leans up quickly. "Shit."

"What?"

"He said his dad found out about Tony."

"Hasn't he known?"

"No... He wasn't at the dinner everyone else was. We need to hurry and get dressed." He throws the blankets off of us both. He runs to the closet with just shorts on and grabs him a pair of jeans and a random Guns N Roses t-shirt. He then throws me a pair of jeans and one of my Shinedown shirts. I quickly change and run a brush through my hair. We quickly go out of the apartment and make our way to Danny's. We get there and I see a black car I don't recognize in front of the building. We get out of the car and take the steps two at a time. All I hear is yelling coming from the front door. Lyric walks in first. The scene I see is this: Tony looks like he has been hit in the face. He is standing in the far corner of the living room, looking terrified and worried. Danny and a man I assume is his father are yelling at the top of their lungs. Danny's father stops as soon as he sees Lyric and me. "What are you doing here?" He asks him. Lyric pushes me towards Tony. I run to him.

"Are you okay Tone?"

"...I guess..."

"Come here." I pull him to the kitchen.

"What is she doing?" Danny's father asks.

"Helping her friend whom you punched." Danny says, with venom lacing every word.

I touch Tony's face carefully. "Geez Tone. Why didn't you fight back? I know you can fight. I've seen it."

He shrugs. "It's Danny's dad."

"But he punched you."

"I'm fine Lav."

"Tony. Don't lie to me." I take some ice out of the freezer and wrap it in a rag and hand it to him. "Here. Hold this to your face."

"Thanks." I grab his hand and we walk back to the living room where Lyric has made Danny's father sit down on the couch. Danny looks towards us in worry. Tony nods in reassurance.

"Okay, we're going to try this one more time." Lyric says. "What is your issue with them being together? You did this exact thing when you found out Danny and I were together."

"It's an abomination!"

I feel Tony flinch and I squeeze his hand. Lyric closes his eyes and breathes out. He looks like he wants to punch him. He opens his eyes. "That is not a valid reason. That is an opinion. You haven't seen how happy your son is with Tony. I have never seen him this happy as long as I've known him."

"He can't marry him."

"Yes he can." Lyric says. "It's legal."

"He can't have children."

"He can adopt."

"He...He...."

"What?"

"I can disown him for this."