Chapter 4

It's been a few days since everything went down with Lyric. I am currently setting everything up for tonight. I am sitting behind my booth setting up a playlist when my phone stops ringing. I look down and see it's Lyric.

"Hello?"

"Hey, we are running late, but will be there ASAP. Ten minutes tops. Can you tell Danny for us?"

"Yeah, of course. Is something wrong?"

"The meeting with Bridget ran longer than it was supposed to. I'll explain everything when I get there."

"Okay. I'll see you in a few."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye."

I stand up and walk upstairs where Danny is going through some papers. "Hey." I say leaning against the door.

He looks up. "Hey. What's up?"

"Aaron and Lyric are running a little late."

"Why?"

"The meeting with their lawyer ran later than expected. Lyric said they will be here in ten minutes at the most."

He nods. "Okay. I'll have Jason stand over with you until Lyric gets here so we can open on time."

"And what about the bar?"

"I can do it. An uncle of mine was a bartender and taught me some stuff." He stands up and walks to a closet then takes out a plain black shirt similar to the ones that Aaron and Rose both wear.

"Danny?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. Anything." He faces away from me towards the couch on the opposite side of the room and takes the button down shirt he had on, off. He puts it on the couch.

"I don't exactly know how to word this..."

"Try to."

"Well, uh, why is it that every time I mention Lyric you seem a little apprehensive or awkward?"

He stops everything he is doing. "Umm..."

"If you don't want to tell me right now, you don't have to. You can tell me later when we are home."

He nods and puts the black t-shirt on. "Let's do that."

He turns around and I nod. "I'm gonna get back downstairs."

"Okay. I'll be down later."

I walk downstairs and sit back at my booth and finish up the playlist. A few minutes later, Jason walks up. "Hey. So I have to step in for the late ass for a few minutes?"

I laugh. "Yeah. You do."

"Well guess that means we get to know each other better." He says winking.

I laugh and shake my head. I look towards the door and see Sam motioning for me to start the music. I start the playlist off with Lost In Stereo by All Time Low and let it play. Soon people start filing in. Jason leans over at one point. "So how often do people usually come up for requests?" He asks.

I shrug. "Depends on the people and the night. It's Thursday so we may only get a few. On Fridays and Saturdays we get a lot more because people are usually wasted or trying to get someone wasted."

He nods. "You notice the actions of people a lot, don't you?"

I nod. "Yeah. Whenever I'm not setting something up on here I do. I like to people watch. Like over there. Look." I motion towards a blonde haired boy who looks to be about twenty-two and a girl with brown hair that looks to be about nineteen. "He's leaning against the wall and blocking her in so he can try to talk her into getting a drink with him. He will then proceed to get her wasted, then tell her to come back to his place so she doesn't have to drive home drunk. At his place they will continue to get even drunker then they will end up blindly making out, not caring that they barely know each other. Then they will have a heated night under the sheets and will eventually regret it the next morning." Like they were instructed, the guy and the girl make their way to the bar where they guy buys four drinks. "See?"