Chapter 6

"Lav." I hear my name being whispered. "Lav. Wake up."

I groan and open my eyes. I see Lyric looking at me, smiling. "Yes?"

"I think Rose and Toby are awake."

I nod. "I probably should go out there, huh?"

He nods. "Yeah. Probably."

"But I don't want to." I whine.

"Why not?"

"I like it here."

"In your bed?"

"With you." I say quietly.

His smile widens and he kisses my nose. "You need to go tend to your guests."

I sigh. "Alright." I climb over him and out of the bed.

"I'm loving those shorts."

I look down and see I have on a pair of black and blue polka dotted shorts with bows at the bottom of the legs of them. I smile. "Thank you." I walk out of my room and to the kitchen where Rose is searching the cabinets. "What are you looking for?"

"Coffee?"

I walk to the cabinet it is in and take it and the tea out. I hand her the coffee. "Here you go."

"Thanks. Do you guys have any creamer?"

"French Vanilla or hazelnut?"

"French Vanilla."

I take creamer out of the fridge and hand it to her. "Sugar is by the coffee maker."

"Okay. Awesome."

I start making some tea for me and Lyric. I'm pretty sure Rose doesn't know Lyric is here. "Is there anything specific that you and Toby eat?"

"No, but you don't have to cook."

"But I'm going to."

She sighs. "Fine." I start to make some chocolate chip pancakes. She leans against the counter while the coffee brews. "So do you and Lyric have any plans today?"

"Other than your sister's birthday party?"

She nods. "Yeah."

I shrug. "I don't know. Maybe."

The coffee finishes and she makes two cups of it. One with creamer and sugar, the other with just sugar. She walks back to living room. When I'm almost done with the pancakes, someone walks in. Hands go around my waist and I smile. I put my hand on his. "Hey Lyric."

"Hey Lav. What you making?"

"Pancakes."

"Yum. Is that tea?"

I nod. "Mhmm. Could you fix those?"

"Yeah. Milk and sugar, right?"

"Yep." He goes and fixes our cups of tea.

Rose walks in. "Hey Laven- When the hell did you get here?"

"I've been here, love."

"Since when?"

He looks at me and smiles. "Since a while."

"Uh-huh. What are you saying?"

"That I'm magic"

"Oh my god Adams. Don't start your crap." I finish the last pancake and lean against the counter and watch them. Lyric hands me my cup of tea.

"Aw. Why not? It's fun this way."