Chapter 18

I hear groaning and open my eyes. I look over and see Lyric trying to get out of bed. "Lay back down."

"I need the medicine."

"I'll go get it. Lay down."

He sighs and lays back in the bed. I walk into the living room and see Aaron half asleep, reading. He looks up when I walk in. "Where's the medicine?"

"In the kitchen on the counter. He just gets one or two."

I walk into the kitchen and fix him a glass of water and get a couple of the pills and take them to Lyric. He takes the medicine then pulls me back on the bed with him. "Do you have to work today?"

"I'm going to ask off."

"No. Don't on my behalf."

"I'm asking off whether you like it or not."

He sighs. "Alright."

I look at the time and see it's nine in the morning. I pick up my phone and call Toby, knowing he's already at the store. "What's up?"

"I need off today."

"Is something wrong?" I stand up and walk out of the room.

"Lyric was attacked last night by Elliot. He broke into the apartment."

"His?"

"Yes."

"Is everyone okay?"

"Lyric has a few fractured ribs, a lot of bruising and cuts."

"And emotionally?"

"Blames his self."

"Take as long as you need."

"Thanks Toby."

"Yeah. I may not like him much currently, but he needs you and I know you'll just worry yourself to death unless you're with him."

I smile. "You know me so well."

"I talk to you later Lavender."

"Alright."

I hang up and walk back into the bedroom. "Now, do not argue with me about being off. Toby said to take as long as was needed."

"I thought he didn't like me..."

I lay down. "He doesn't to an extent, but he knows I worry."

He nods. "I understand why he doesn't."

"Let's not talk about that. Go back to sleep. You need to rest."

"You're demanding. Did you know that?"

"I know, but you choose to love me."

"Trust me, there was no choice in it."

"Go to sleep."

He chuckles and lays back down and falls asleep not long after that.

­­­----Two Weeks Later----

Lyric is slowly getting better. He can move around better than he could. He can pretty much take care of his self. Which means, he keeps telling me I can go back to work. I've honestly been thinking about going back to the club here soon. But, I'm not sure. I am laying in my bed reading when Lyric walks in and takes my book from me. "Hey! What do you-" He interrupts me and kisses me hungrily. He leans back and I look at him. "What was that about?" I ask smiling.

He shrugs. "I just love you and I haven't been able to move much lately so I haven't been able to do that."

I move to where I am sitting in his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck. "Well, I welcome it any time."