Chapter 2

'Cut me deep. But I won't bleed. You're gonna kick, kick, kick me when I'm down.' I groan as I roll over and see who is calling me. I look at the name and see it's Lyric.

"Yes?"

"Did I wake you?" He asks genuinely concerned.

"Yes, but it's fine." I sit up in my bed.

"You're sure?"

"Yes Lyric. I'm sure." It's been two weeks since the first opening. Lyric and I have gotten pretty close. I mean, we work pretty close to each other so I guess it was bound to happen. "So, what's up?"

"You said we were having lunch today? I wanted to check and see what time and place?"

"Umm... Meet me at the café down the street from the club in about two hours?"

"Okay. See you then."

"Alright." The line disconnects. I lay back on my bed and look at the time. It is eleven. I sigh and get out of bed to go take a shower. I grab an outfit and go to the bathroom just as Danny is getting out. "Did you leave any hot water?"

"Yes I did."

"Okay."

I quickly take a shower and get dressed in my dark red long sleeved shirt that says 'Love' on it. I have paired it with a black skirt and a pair of black ankle heeled boots. I walk out of the bathroom after getting dressed and walk into the kitchen to get a drink. I grab a water out of the fridge and walk back to my bedroom so I do my hair and makeup. I quickly run a brush through my hair and let it air dry. I apply a light layer of eye liner and mascara to my eyes and choose a light red color for my eye shadow. After I have put everything on I walk through the living room to leave. I see Danny is playing games on the Xbox.

"Where are you off to?" He asks, pausing his game.

"I'm going to meet Lyric for lunch."

"Oh." Danny seems to shut down every time Lyric's name is mentioned. I wonder why that is.

"I'll be home later, okay?"

"Alright. Be careful."

"I will." I grab my keys and make my way out of the apartment and to the café. When I get down the stairs from the apartment I see a man standing at the entrance of the club. He is looking in through the windows. The man has on a dress shirt and black slacks on. He has blonde hair and green eyes. He looks about six foot three. "Excuse me? Can I help you?"

"Uh... yeah." He watches me walk all the way down the stairs. "I'm looking for the owner of this club."

"He's upstairs." I say motioning towards the door. "Follow me." I start to walk back upstairs and open the door.

"Did you forget something Lavender?"

"No. Someone is here looking for you."

He turns the game off and motions for me to let him in. I turn back towards the man. "You can go in." I move aside for him to go inside. "I've gotta go Danny. I'll be back later."

He nods. "Okay. Thanks."

I start walking towards the café, wondering who that man was. I walk in the café and look around for a free seat. I don't see one but I see Lyric waving his hand. I walk towards him and he stands up and hugs me. "You're late."

"I know I am."

"What caused you to be late?"

"This guy wanted to see Danny so I had to take him upstairs."