Chapter 10

"What?" I say out loud to myself. I watch Lyric and the car go down the street and take the turn to go to his apartment. What just happened? Did he just break up with me? I start to feel the beginnings of a panic attack. I quickly run upstairs and slam the door behind me. I scream as loud as I can. Before I know it, I am crying and screaming. I start to throw whatever I can get my hands on. Pillows, DVDs, books, pictures, couch cushions. I throw the pictures with Lyric in them even harder than anything else and enjoy the crash sound that they make against the walls even more than anything else. I pick up a picture of me and Lyric that we got done at Haley's party and I look at it. I slowly slide down the door of my apartment and a sob escapes my throat.

I knew this would happen. This is why I was so uncertain when it came to being with him. I knew he would end up breaking me and no one would be around to pick up the pieces. And now look where I am. At my apartment, alone, in a mess from my anger and no one is around to help me pick up the mess that is my life. I stand up and throw the picture across the room. I make my way back to my room and look around at the small pictures and things from Lyric that are tacked up on my walls. I start tear them off the walls with all my might. Eventually, someone is grabbing me and pulling me onto the bed. I start to punch the person. "Lavender. Hey. Relax. Just let it out." I look up and see Rose. I start to cry into her chest. She rubs my back soothingly. "It's okay. Let it out. We are here for you." I scream into her chest and cry myself to sleep.

Rose

When Lavender finally falls asleep, I silently and carefully slip from under her. I lay her on her bed and cover her up silently. I turn and look at Toby who is looking at Lavender with worry. He grabs my hand and pulls me into the mess that is the living room. "Toby what are we going to do?"

"I don't know but Danny gets back tomorrow."

I nod and slowly start cleaning the living room. "I want to know what caused this. Aaron said he didn't know. All he knew is Lyric came into the apartment pissed then upset to the extent that he was blaring full on screamo music and had his bedroom door locked."

"How did he know to call you?"

"He went out on a limb. Did you text him and tell him what was happening?"

Toby nods. "Yeah. Be careful." He says as I pick up shards of glass.

I grab the trash can and throw the glass away. I put all the pictures that don't have frames anymore in a drawer where Lavender won't find them. I then pick up all the books and pillows and put them back where they belong. I also put the DVDs back in their place. I sigh. "I hope she'll be okay."

"I'm sure she will. She's a strong person."

"Yeah." I sit on the couch and Toby sits down with me. "I'm sure everything will be fine."

Lavender

I wake up and out of habit go to look for Lyric. I wake up all the way and realize what happened. I start to cry silently. I look up after feeling someone sit on my bed. I see it's Rose. "Hey." She says quietly. She holds her hands out and I lay on her lap. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I think he broke up with me." I whisper.

"What do you mean you think?"

"We started talking about the history that him and Danny has and it kinda went from there. Apparently they did have a thing. He thought that I would love him less because he was with a guy in his past."

"He does realize you're not like that, right?"

"Apparently not." I start to feel tears falling down my face. "I love him Rose and he obviously didn't love me."