Chapter 22

It's been about a year and a half since Josie and Samuel's wedding. I know, I didn't mention Toby's and Rose's. It went as expected. Simple and easy. I met Rose's older brothers. Whom, are just little kids in grown men's bodies. Right now Lyric and I are out eating. It's our two year anniversary of our first date and he wanted to take me out to eat at a fancy Mediterranean restaurant. So that's what we are doing. I have a feeling, though, that he's planning something... What could it be though?

"Babe?" He says getting my attention.

I look up. "Yes?"

"Try your desert. It's good. I've had it before."

I look down at my baklava and cut into it and take a bite. "This is really good." I cut into it again and see something in the pastry. Is that? There is no way. I move it aside and pull a simple pale rose ring on a silver band with diamonds around the pale rose quartz and on the band. "Oh my gosh..."

"Lav. Will you marry me?" I look up at him. "I can't imagine going a day in my life without having you in my life and when I imagine having a family with someone I see you. I see you helping raise our kids. I see us growing old together on a farm like the one Anna lives at. I see us waking up holding each other every morning. So, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

I smile and nod. "Yes! Oh my god, yes!"

He laughs and takes the ring and washes the stickiness off of it with the napkin and a little water. He then slips the ring on my finger. He intertwines his fingers with mine and kisses my hand. "I love you Lav."

"I love you Lyr." I say smiling.

He pays the bill and we walk out of the restaurant. "There's somewhere we have to go."

"Where?"

"The club."

"Okay?"

"I told everyone what I was doing, had to go through Toby first. I went to your father first and he told me to ask Toby."

"How did that go?"

"He made me wait two months."

I laugh. "Of course he did."

"But, we have to go and show everyone."

I nod. "Is Rose at work?"

"She's not working, but she's there."

"She needs to be careful."

"I know."

Oh, by the way. Rose is pregnant. With twins. A boy and a girl. They are naming the boy Michael Oliver after Toby's father and Rose's older brother and the girl Jessica Elijah after Rose's mother. She is about eight months along now and is due to have the twins any day now. We pull up at the club and see it has closed for the night. We walk up to the door and Lyric unlocks the door. We walk in and everyone is sitting at the bar. They all turn around and I notice Anna, Tony, and Jesse are here also. Lyric holds my hand up and shows off the ring and everyone cheers. This causes me to laugh as I walk to the bar. Aaron takes out cups. "Celebratory drinks for everyone... everyone that's old enough and not pregnant." He says looking at Rose, Anna, and Tony. Rose sticks her tongue out. I sit beside her and she holds her hand out. "Let me see." I show her the ring and she smiles. "It fits you so well. It's not too girly, but it's girly enough. You did good Adams." She says looking up at Lyric.

"Thanks." He looks at Jesse. "He actually helped me pick it out."

"You did?" I say turning to him.