Chapter 12

So my last night as the club's deejay went really well... I'm going to miss it. I told Anna that I plan on visiting them more often and she told me how she lives on her own and that she needs a roommate so I found a place to start my new life off at. Danny and Tony seem to have hit it off last night. I hope they are better for each other.

Currently, I am packing up the last thing that I own. I tape the last box and stand up and look around the now barren room.

"Lavender?" I hear Aaron call me. I look towards the door and see Aaron standing there.

"Yes?"

"He wanted me to give you this... He still doesn't know you're moving...I can't really bring myself to tell him."

I take the small envelope from Aaron and open it. It's a first class ticket to Manchester. I look up as I see it. "I can't keep this."

"I know you don't want to, but he said you deserve at least one thing out of this and that is to go see the woman that actually made a difference in your life." I look back down and see the date is in a week and a half. "At least take the ticket. If you don't want to go, you don't have to."

"Okay. Is he going also?"

"He already left. He sold his ticket for an earlier date and left last night to go see his mother."

I nod. "Thank you."

"Good luck. On everything."

"Thank you Aaron." He nods and walks out. I put the plane ticket in my pocket and pick up the last box and carry it downstairs. When I get down to my car, I see everyone standing there. Toby walks up and takes the box and puts it in the backseat with everything else. "We all wanted to see you off." Samuel says.

I smile and look around at the people I have come to call my second family. "I'm not really good with goodbyes..."

"Then, it's not goodbye." Josie says.

"It's see you later." Jason says.

I laugh and nod. "I can do that."

"Besides, you have to come back home eventually." Rose says. She walks up and hugs me. "Because if you don't I will hunt you down."

"I'll hold you to that."

Anna pulls up in her car and gets out. She looks at me. "Are you ready to go?"

I nod. "Yeah." I go around and hug everyone. "I'll miss you guys." I get into my car and crank it. Anna pulls out and I follow her on the way to start my new life. We start to pass the familiar pastures and grand houses when my phone rings. It's Anna. I answer the phone. "Hello?"

"You nervous?"

"A little."

"It'll be fine. It'll be just you and me at the house. Well, and Tony when he comes to visit."

I smile slightly. "Yeah."

"You miss him don't you?"

"Yeah... I miss him so much Anna."

"I know, but this is good for you. Don't think about guys for a while. Just think about yourself. You deserve to be selfish."

"You're right."

"Of course I am. Oh! We're here." She ends the call and I see we are pulling up to a small two story house. I park behind Anna's vehicle and step out of my car. I sigh as I take in my new surroundings. So this is my new home?

"This house is actually on an old farm." Anna says as she's walking towards me to help with my boxes.

"It's beautiful." And it is. It's a small two story farm house. It has a huge front porch with a swing on it. It's a cream colored and has royal blue shutters on the front of it. It's simple, but beautiful. In a span of thirty minutes we have unloaded all of my boxes and bags from the car and put them in my new room. I sit on the couch and feel the ticket in my pocket. I take it out and look at it.