Chapter 9

I wake up the next morning by my alarm going off. I roll over and turn it off. I look around and see I'm in bed by myself. Where did Lyric go? I stretch then stand up and walk out of my room. I don't hear the shower on, so he's not in there. I walk towards the living room and still don't see him. He's not in the kitchen either. I go grab my phone and dial Lyric's phone number.

"Hey. I was hoping I would be back before you got up."

"Where'd you go?"

"I went to the house. Had to get some clean clothes."

"Oh okay."

"I'll be there in a second. I'm about five minutes from there."

"Alright. I'm going to get in the shower so I'll see you when I get out."

"Alright love."

I hang up the phone and go back to my room and grab an outfit to wear. I get in the shower and quickly wash my hair and body. When I get out, I go to my bedroom and see Lyric laying on my bed. "That's a cute outfit." He says.

I smile. "Thank you."

I am wearing my black leather skirt that stops a few inches above my knees, a pair of black lace leggings, a blue shirt with a lace back, a back tank top on under it, and my heeled ankle boots on. I sit down and decide to put mousse in my hair. I scrunch my hair and let it dry naturally. Lyric stands up and walks out of the room with his clothes. I guess he's going to get in the shower. While he does that, I start on my make-up. I do a light grey color for my eye shadow and apply a light layer of eye liner to my eyes. When I am done I stand up and go quickly make me and Lyric some eggs for breakfast.

Lyric walks into the kitchen when I am done. He is wearing a pair of black pants, and a checkered red, grey, and black shirt. He also has on a pair of black vans. His hair is still wet. He walks up and kisses my cheek. I smile as he does this. "Hey love."

"Hey." I say still smiling.

"How are you this morning?"

"I'm a little nervous."

"There's no reason to be nervous. They are your family."

I nod and pick up a plate and hand him the other. "We need to eat really quickly and then you need to finish getting ready."

He takes both plates back to the bedroom. "Why don't you get us some drinks?" He says.

I fix us some orange juice and carry the cups to the bedroom where Lyric has situated himself in front of the mirror with the flat iron on one side of him and a plate of eggs on the other. I place a cup of juice beside the plate and see my plate on the bed. I sit on the bed and eat my food while Lyric eats and finishes his hair.

About thirty minutes later, my phone starts ringing. "Hello?"

"Is this Lavender?"

"Yes... Who is this?"

"It's Max... You're...uh...father."

"Oh! Hey! What's up?"

"I'm leaving my place now to head towards the café unless you want to meet somewhere else?"

"Actually, just come to my place. It's on the same street. It's above the club down the road. A red building. Walk up the black, metal stairs and knock on the door and I'll let you in. We are still in the process of getting ready." I look at Lyric. "We should be done in about thirty minutes or so."

"Okay. I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Alright. See you then." He hangs up and I look at Lyric. "That was my father. He's going to be here in about twenty minutes."