Chapter 7

As I tell this man my last name his emotions go from confusion, to shock, to curiosity in just a few seconds. "How is your last name Blaine?" He asks.

"I took my biological father's last name."

"Do you know what his name is?"

"I think it was Max."

"That's why I recognize you. Max is my brother. What is your mother's name?"

"Natalie."

He smiles. "The one that got away. You look a lot like them both."

"What do you mean 'the one that got away'?"

"Your mother was the one that got away. Max was stationed overseas a few months before you were born. He went M.I.A. for a while and we all thought he was dead. Well, he was found about seven years ago. We couldn't find you or your mother so you both could know. Why is that exactly?"

"We've kind of been homeless for a while. I've been in and out of foster homes she's been in and out of homes and things like that. I honestly have thought my whole life that my father was dead."

"So did we until seven years ago."

"Where does he live?"

"No far from here actually. I can set up a meeting for you... Ummm..." He takes out a piece of paper and writes something on it. "This is my phone number. Call me when you are ready to meet him." Rose comes back and hands him the key. "Here you go Steven."

"Thank you. And Lavender, if you need me for anything don't hesitate to call." He takes the key and walks off as I watch after him.

"What was that about?" Rose asks.

"I just met my uncle."

"What? Seriously?"

I nod. "Yeah. He's my uncle on my biological dad's side of the family."

"Wow. That's crazy."

I nod. "My father apparently isn't dead..."

"I thought he was."

I shake my head. "He went M.I.A. and was found about seven years ago."

"Wow. So you've gone your whole life thinking this man was dead and he wasn't?"

"Yep." I look up at the ceiling. "And Steven said he'll set up a meeting place for us."

"What are you going to do?"

"I have no clue." I sigh. "I honestly have no clue."

"Haven't you always wanted to meet your father?"

I nod. "Yes..."

"Then do it."

I nod and Lyric walks up. He wraps his arms around my waist. "Is something wrong?" I put my hands on his arms.

"I'll explain later." He kisses my neck then leans on my head.

"Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it will be fine."

Haley walks up to us. "I just wanted to thank you again for doing everything."

"It was no problem at all."

"Mom said you can leave whenever you want."

I nod. "Okay. Thanks. Let's go Lyric."

He leans up then leads me back out to his car. I get in the car and lean against the window. "Are you okay?" Lyric asks.

I look up at him. "You met the manager, right?"

"Steven?"

I nod. "Yes."