Chapter 17

'Yeah you're worse than nicotine...Nicotine...yeah...'

I sigh as I pick up my phone. I know exactly who that is. "What's up Lyr?"
It's been about three weeks since Lyric got back. I decided to give him another chance. "Are you free tonight?"

"I have to go to the store in an hour then close at eight. Why?"

I finish putting on my make-up and stand up and walk to the kitchen. I wave at Tony as I walk through the living room. He smiles and waves. He's been staying here a lot here lately. "I was wanting to know if you wanted to go out to dinner tonight."

"Just you and me?" I search through the fridge and get a drink. I lean against the counter.

"Actually, It'd be me, you, Aaron, Cheyenne..." Cheyenne and Aaron are going out sort of. From what Lyric tells me she's the first girl he's talked to seriously since the girl when he was younger. "...and mine and Aaron's parents..."

I drop my bottle of water and it goes everywhere. "Shit." I say as I get a hand towel from the drawer to wipe up the water.

"Lav? Are you okay?" I hear him say from the other end of the phone.

I sigh and put the now wet towel in the sink. "Yeah. I'm okay. I just dropped my bottle of water."

"So what do you think?"

"Isn't it their anniversary?"

"Yeah. Mom said the only thing they want is to meet the two women in our lives." I hear him groan. "Dude! Chill!" He yells. "Sorry. Aaron's is freaking out."

"I understand why."

"Can you come?" I lean against the counter once again and bite my lip while thinking. Meet Lyric's parents? Tonight? Man, this could go so many ways. It could go amazingly and they could love me... or... it go horribly and they hate me which could cause Lyric to drop me that instant. What do I do? If I don't go that could make me seem like I'm afraid to meet them. But, knowing me I'll mess up and do something stupid in the middle of the dinner... "Lav? Lavender? Are you there?"

"Huh?"

"Did you hear any of that?"

"No."

"You'll do fine." I hear the smile in his voice.

"How do you know?"

"You impressed my mother in Manchester. If she likes you mom and dad will love you."

I sigh. "What time will you be here?"

"Dinner is at ten-thirty, so around nine-thirty."

"Okay. I'll see you then. I've got to be at work, so I need to go."

"Alright love. I'll see you tonight."

"Alright."
The line disconnects and I groan. "Tonyyy" I whine.

Tony walks into the kitchen. "What's up?"

"That was Lyric. His parents want to meet me tonight."

"Seriously?"

I nod. "What do I wear to something like that?"

"You still have that purple dress Anna got you."

I nod. "Will you be here when I get off?"

"Yeah. I'll be the only one. Danny has to work tonight at the club."

"Awesome! Want to help me get ready?"

"Sure. You need to get to the store right now though."

"Yeah. You're right. I'll see you at eight."